Trigger for Serial Control

I'm new to Arduino - as in, five minutes new.

I'm looking for a programmer for what I believe will be a VERY simple implementation.

• I plan to connect two (2) momentary switches to the Arduino Analog inputs (A0 and A1).
  • Any time A0 is triggered, I want to send a particular serial command (SOURCE: HDMI 1) via the D0Rx and D0Tx to the serial port of a device.
  • Any time A1 is triggered, I want to send a particular serial command (SOURCE: HDMI 2) via the D0Rx and D0Tx to the serial port of the same device.

I'd like somebody familiar with both Arduino and serial control. The device being controlled is a Samsung TV (actually, two of them, different models.

Attached are manual excerpts relating to RS-232 serial control.

TV-1 Serial.pdf (633 KB)

TV-2 Serial.pdf (286 KB)

Interesting that you have concluded that this is a "VERY" simple implementation considering your self confessed exposure of only 5 minutes to the arduino environment.

Do you have a budget. I may be interested.

avgod - don't take bainesbunch's reply as .. harsh.

He's got a point, yeah, the problem is generally simple, but it requires some non trivial knowledge on figuring out what those papers actually say and where from to source nowadays a ttl to 232 level adjuster. Yeah max232 but you can't just plug in an IC in, it needs a PCB or some wires or passives soldered in..

So a suggestion for both, can you find/produce the remote control (IR codes) to remote-control it from arduino instead of wiring it? (it is also more flexible from positioning/placement of the arduino circuitry POV)

===============
PS E,G, there is no "D0Rx and D0Tx" in either papers you provided nor arduino nomenclature. So yeah, your message may seem crystal clear to you, but it has a certain level of cryptography included you are not aware of being non-trivial to decode it.

The software part is indeed VERY simple. A 10-minute or so job, including debouncing of the buttons. Press button, react with a Serial.print() command.

The hardware may be harder to do, unless you have all those pieces in place already.