Go Down

Topic: IDE: "Saved" (Read 525 times) previous topic - next topic

Datman

Mar 13, 2019, 04:24 pm Last Edit: Nov 10, 2019, 01:27 am by Datman
Hi

Each time I save a sketch, "salvataggio completato" ("saved") appears on the IDE and it remains there forever. The next time I save the sketch, I can't know if it have been saved or not (i.e. because I pressed badly CTRL+S), because "salvataggio completato" is already written!

The "saved" message should appear for about 5 seconds, then disappear.

Thanks
Hi,I'm Gianluca from Roma.I play&work with electronics since I was16(1984).
After 25yrs of maintenance on cameras&video mixers,since 2013myJob is HDTVstudios design.
Since Jan2015 IPlayWith Arduino:bit.ly/2F3LPWP
Thanks 4 a Karma if U like my answer

Datman

Nov 10, 2019, 01:26 am Last Edit: Nov 10, 2019, 01:28 am by Datman
Does anyone else noticed this problem?
After 25yrs of maintenance on cameras&video mixers,since 2013myJob is HDTVstudios design.

ballscrewbob

Which IDE version is this ?

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Datman

Now I'm using 1.8.10. It have been always the same.

ballscrewbob

1.8.10 has its own problems and the general recommendation is to roll back to 1.8.9

But if you say you see this issue in other versions that would suggest to me it is a local issue to your computer.
Maybe another program is interfering with the upload ?

Most common causes are Antivirus or other external security programs.
Other causes are installations of the IDE or ots folders to cloud based storage such as ONEDRIVE GOOGLE DRIVE etc.

Might I suggest you rule those out completely.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Datman

It have been the same with every version on 4 computers...

ballscrewbob

I still think it is a local problem otherwise we would have seen more reports for the same issue.

Are all four computers the same OS ?
Do they all have additional security and what is that if they do ?
Are you using network or cloud based storage for those computers ?

Have attached some additional clean up instructions.
You may not need it all but there are some parts certainly worth trying.

Bob.

Datman

I wrote "forever", but it has to be read "until a new message is written". Then, if I don't load a program after saving it, Saved message remains there and next time I save I can't know if the Saved message is confirming last saving or it is the old message. It should disappear something like 5 seconds after saving.

ballscrewbob

Ok so it is just "slow".

That is a whole different thing.
And again there are probable reasons.
Some of which I covered in reply #4 and mentioned again in reply #6
You have yet to give me any details on those.

Bob.

Go Up