Go Down

Topic: OSX-ARDUINO (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic

Sean2222

Guys, My uno wont work with osx, Any advice? I mean don't tell me to unplug replug or install any drivers coming from chines dark websites,  that works some of the time it is not an acceptable solution to this problem, Do I need to switch to linux? windows? buy a new board? what the heck is the matter with it? surly i'm not the only on having this issues, the folks behind arduino should stop advertising it as Mac compatible, from my experience it dose not function reliable at all on osx, usually I get one upload and then the only way to get it going again is to reboot the Mac,

ardunio uno rev 2
5k iMac late 2015

pert

My uno wont work with osx
Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "wont work".

I mean don't tell me to unplug replug or install any drivers coming from chines dark websites,  that works some of the time
Are you saying that some of the time when you do these things it makes your Uno work again? If so, which of those things makes it work. If it's the drivers, post a link to the "dark website" you downloaded the drivers from.

what the heck is the matter with it?
It is impossible for us to say without more information.

usually I get one upload
What exactly happens after that one upload?

sterretje

or install any drivers coming from chines dark websites
If that is what is needed, it means that you bought a clone ;)

For original Arduinos, you should not need to download drivers. Not familar with Macs, though.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

There are many "REPUTABLE" Chinese websites.

If you bought a Chinese CLONE you probably need Chinese drivers.
If it is a CH340 based board then this is the OFFICIAL site.

Your choice but getting those particular drivers elsewhere could be more of a problem to you than the Chinese site as there are very nefarious version out there too from NON Chinese sites.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

By the way, are we talking about an Arduino Uno Rev2 or an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2?
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up