Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] unable to flash AT firmware on ESP8266-01  (Read 3622 times) previous topic - next topic

Bringamosa

Well i have for another wall....

Somehow i got something flashed on there. Dont ask me what all i know is the asress was 0x00000 where boot bin must go I suppose? It was v.0.9.5.2 AT firmware.bin file flashed with esp8366 flasher

Might have bricked the thing?

Anyways whenever i open FDT the thing hops on the 460800 baud. Any serial terminal i can use that baud on? Termite and arduino serial monitor both don't  have that option.

Almost at a point to throw his thing in the trash but hey, i can't just throw stuff away that MAY work someday

Juraj

Anyways whenever i open FDT the thing hops on the 460800 baud. Any serial terminal i can use that baud on? Termite and arduino serial monitor both don't  have that option.
you can select the speed. I flash at 921600 baud.
the flashing speed has nothing to do with the default communication speed of the flashed AT firmware. default speed is of AT firmware is 115200 baud

Bringamosa

Allright. Well i can upload whatever sketch i want and it will work but getting AT firmware on there is ano go.

You said only the first two are needed, blank.bin and esp_init_data_default_v05.bin right?

Then i am stuck and guess ill have to five up.

Tried te files from v1.6 v1.6.2 and v1.7

Juraj

Mar 20, 2019, 04:54 pm Last Edit: Mar 20, 2019, 04:56 pm by Juraj
Allright. Well i can upload whatever sketch i want and it will work but getting AT firmware on there is ano go.

You said only the first two are needed, blank.bin and esp_init_data_default_v05.bin right?

Then i am stuck and guess ill have to five up.

Tried te files from v1.6 v1.6.2 and v1.7

No. Only the first two are needed if you want to initialize the RF settings for the Arduino sketches after erasing the flash or overwriting RF settings because of wrong flash size set and similar troubles

Bringamosa

Allright, well i followed the documents for the 8Mbit AT firmware installation too, trying to flash all .bin files no succes. 

Wanted to measure voltage and update that on iot dashboard. Since the esp8266-01 doesn't  have the adc ecposed/available i wanted to put this thing on my arduino nano.

It looked so simple, but for me it's a mystery why this is not working.

ieee488

Juraj

Allright, well i followed the documents for the 8Mbit AT firmware installation too, trying to flash all .bin files no succes. 

Wanted to measure voltage and update that on iot dashboard. Since the esp8266-01 doesn't  have the adc ecposed/available i wanted to put this thing on my arduino nano.

It looked so simple, but for me it's a mystery why this is not working.
try DIO setting. the SPI mode is missing in DETECTED INFO box on the screenshot

Bringamosa

Tried DIO setting too. nothing.

output in every try in the screen running in the background is like this:

Code: [Select]

main.py:96: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Using deprecated class PySimpleApp.
('self.chip: ', 'ESP8266')
RF option applied...
test offset :  1028096 0xfb000
case ok
test offset :  1032192 0xfc000
case ok
test offset :  516096 0x7e000
case ok
test offset :  1040384 0xfe000
case ok
test offset :  0 0x0
case ok
test offset :  4096 0x1000
case ok
test offset :  1028096 0xfb000
case ok
test offset :  1032192 0xfc000
case ok
test offset :  516096 0x7e000
case ok
test offset :  1040384 0xfe000
case ok
test offset :  0 0x0
case ok
test offset :  4096 0x1000
case ok
======
CONNECT BAUD: 115200
============
.Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Changing baud rate to 1152000
Changed.
-----------------------
crc_efuse_4bit: 0
crc_calc_4bit: 10
48bit mac

Bringamosa

Mar 20, 2019, 05:37 pm Last Edit: Mar 20, 2019, 05:45 pm by Bringamosa
Allright so i got response!!! Using DOUT in SPI MODE!

Manny thanks Juraj.  After your last reply i tried all options there. Looks like that was the only thing i did not try yet?

If you come across any good links for reference / documentation / tutorials for the flash_downloads_tools.exe in your search please post them in here. Especially something that really dumbs the chip down and shows the essentials.

Just following the official documentation telling you what file to use where is what i did. And read a lot of tutorials online voor they do tell you what the documents tell you to do. So Juraj has posted all the links to those. the one i used too

Also this:
You might find the following tutorial helpful.
I did.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/flashing-the-ESP-01-firmware-to-SDK-v2.0.0-is-easier-now/
A good one indeed, however not with my solution

I will go and try this now with a newer AT version just to see if that works too.

Bringamosa

Juraj

Version 1.6.2 works too
the AT firmware can update itself with AT+CIUPDATE (of course, first connect it to Internet)

Bringamosa

Thanks for that tip. I was planning to go true all the AT commands today and see what's all possible :)

Go Up