Go Down

Topic: Newbie Help...No such file or directory. Compilation terminated. (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

Transam98

@pert... thanks on the reply/follow up :) and the explanation (which I mostly understand) lol....

The writer of the code ORIGINALLY had to use only 1.6.5....  so thats what I did (Your reason posted makes sense!)

Anyways i FINALLY got a hold of the one who coded it etc,... he did give me some new instructions etc and new files etc.... so im going to try what he said... part of what he said was what you said to change from 1.6.5 to newer as I guess his newer code also has taken care of the problem you explained ! Ill update you once I try his newer code/version of arduino ide.... etc and follow up here :) I DO APPRECIATE YOUR HELP !!! :)

pert

Arduino AVR Boards is a package of software that allows the Arduino IDE to program the Arduino boards of the AVR architecture, such as Uno, Mega, Leonardo. There are also other packages you can install to add support for other architectures, such as the SAMD architecture used by the Arduino Zero and MKR boards.

Because the Arduino IDE comes with a bundled version of Arduino AVR Boards, we're used to associating a particular version of Arduino AVR Boards with each version of the Arduino IDE. However, the Boards Manager feature now allows us to use any version of Arduino AVR Boards with any version of the Arduino IDE. The author of the code may have been using the old IDE version with a new Arduino AVR Boards version. You could do the same if you wanted. The reason I recommended updating the IDE is because there have been some isolated issues where a particular Arduino AVR Boards version had issues with some older IDE versions. I have no idea whether Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.23 will have problems with Arduino IDE 1.6.5. What I do know is that Arduino IDE 1.8.9 works fine with Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.23. So it seemed like the safest advice. However, you could likely continue to use Arduino IDE 1.6.5 if you prefer.

Transam98

Thanks on the help so far !!!

The author if the project.... told me to goto version 1.8.9, he gave me a copy of the LIBRARIES and his sketches (as its called I guess...) he had me change a few things tools-boad-board manager- and choose version 1.6.20 etc etc....

so maybe my LAST ?.

this project I guess main file is called 'pushbuttonlinein' and UNDER that it has a lot of other *.ino files like "color","drip","fire" etc....

so I LOAD pushbuttonlinein and when I do that Ill see TABS open up next to it of "color""Drip""Fire" etc....

do I need to UPLOAD EACH tab individually ? or just the "main" one ?

thanks in advance :)

pert

do I need to UPLOAD EACH tab individually ? or just the "main" one ?
Just the main one. That will upload everything. The multiple tabs are all part of a single program, it's just split into multiple files to make it easier to work with.

Transam98

Gotchya, Ok I DID upload each individually.... (me jumping ahead ahha)....

So should I PRESS the RED RESET Button, then reboot the arduino(mega 2560) (aka unplug usb then plug back in) and upload just the 1 file ?

thanks ! you have been a great help and im very grateful ! :)

pert

Ok I DID upload each individually
All that did was upload the same program to your Arduino over and over again. It makes absolutely no difference which tab you have selected when you press the Upload button. It uploads the whole sketch. Every time you upload, it erases the previous program that was on the Arduino, so it wouldn't even make sense to upload multiple separate sketches consecutively.

So should I PRESS the RED RESET Button, then reboot the arduino(mega 2560) (aka unplug usb then plug back in) and upload just the 1 file ?
No. That wouldn't do anything different. Pressing reset or unplugging and plugging back in the Arduino board only restarts the program that you uploaded to it. It doesn't do anything magic other than that. You uploaded the program. Everything is fine.

thanks ! you have been a great help and im very grateful ! :)
You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.

Transam98

LOL Gotchya :) I guess in essence I uploaded it 10X+ times it had better work hahahahaha :)

well I have the circuit all done I just have to connect everything together (probably sunday) wish me luck ! Ill let ya know a update once I power it on all etc :) thanks again !!

Go Up