Go Down

Topic: Power consumption by LDR (Read 312 times) previous topic - next topic

Supreet

Hi

I have made a project on automated street lighting system using IoT. I have used 4 LEDs of 10mm each connected to 4 resistors of 4.7k each parallely and with a single LDR, 9 V battery and ESP8266.

Now I want to calculate the power consumption of whole system during its functioning.

Please tell me how to measure power consumption of my project. Is there any requirement of separate hardware or any piece of code is sufficient to know power consumption.

Also is there any effect on power consumption if LDR senses for particular time period. Please rovide your views.

PaulRB

Power is current X voltage. Use a multimeter to measure the current. Then use it to measure the voltage. Multiply one answer by the other.

You asked for views. My view right now is that you don't know what you are doing. I assume by 9V battery that you mean a PP3 size? This won't be able to run your LEDs for more than a few minutes, if at all. Also the voltage may damage the esp.

Robin2

Compared to LEDs the power consumption of an LDR and its associated resistor will be negligible.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

neiklot

Use a multimeter to measure the current. Then use it to measure the voltage.
But make sure you do it this way:

AWOL

Hi

I have made a project on automated street lighting system using IoT. I have used 4 LEDs of 10mm each connected to 4 resistors of 4.7k each parallely and with a single LDR, 9 V battery and ESP8266.

Now I want to calculate the power consumption of whole system during its functioning.

Please tell me how to measure power consumption of my project. Is there any requirement of separate hardware or any piece of code is sufficient to know power consumption.

Also is there any effect on power consumption if LDR senses for particular time period. Please rovide your views.

Why not ask your lecturers or course facilitators?

Go Up