Syma S107 Helicopter Infrared Control w/webcam

Hello!

I created a remote control for the Syma S107 helicotper.
It took me a while to decode the protocol, but you can find the details here:

It also has a simple webcam-tracking interface to keep it hovering at a given level.
Currently I only have pictures of it in action, i'll try to shoot a video soon!

Any ideas on how to continue this project?

Thanks!
Agustin.

Cool :slight_smile: You should totally make it so you can draw a path on the screen, and it then tries to follow that :wink:

I took the trouble to go to your website and type a lengthy comment and business proposition .Then I tried to post it and found I could not meet your restrictive post requirements .

I am not going to leave all my particulars just to post a comment . Where do you get off ?
You've missed the opportunity now.

tytower:
I took the trouble to go to your website and type a lengthy comment and business proposition .Then I tried to post it and found I could not meet your restrictive post requirements .

I am not going to leave all my particulars just to post a comment . Where do you get off ?
You've missed the opportunity now.

So you complain here? Strange that you would offer a business proposition, but then complain about identifying yourself - besides which, I didn't see anything (regarding login/ID for commenting) that I haven't seen before on other blogs.

This is just an effort to avoid spammers, that all blogs use. If you were really sincere, you could have just sent the poster a PM via this forum...

Hello! Thanks for reading my post!

I didn't really check whether or not you had to log in to post comments (I've enabled now anonymous comments, I'll keep it that way unless i get a lot of spam), thanks for the heads up.

Though, the blog only requires a valid ID (blogspot - google) and I do not immediately disagree with having to log-in to post, it's quite simple, and as cr0sh pointed out, just to avoid spammers.

Thanks!

Well, if all the "effort" he's willing to put into a Business Venture is attempt to fit a proposal into a feedback box- and then when the BLOG's (not yours, even- you didn't write the feedback code, Google/Blogspot did) feedback software broke.. instead of sending an email, he comes back HERE and spouts nastiness?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Trust me, at best he was trying to scam you. Consider yourself lucky the dolt didn't waste your time. More likely than not, this is someone who wants to take your skills and imagination and make a profit for themselves while shafting you.. not enough brains or creativity of his own to come up with anything useful or interesting... just a bottom feeder. No worries.

Cool project!

I thought tytower had been chucked off the forum for dissing the mods.
Is this the same one? {{shudder}}

I post it where he might see it ...and he did

I can see why none of you ever will make it into business successfully

In my 45 years of experience 9 in 10 new businesses fail. Lack of innovation and imagination holds them down.The ones who survive are worth knowing . They are always talented ,entertaining individuals and the think outside the box .I used to admire crush for that but I don't know after that one

They don't have a face like focalist LOL

Yup, that's the one - note the the weird spacing of commas and full stops.
And the jumping to conclusions about other members.
45 years and not retired on the profits of a shining business career?

When I went to school they taught you to punctuate your english properly. You did not learn. You were kicked off another board wern't you ! You harassed other members with posts such as this in another name and you are making all the conclusions. What would my financial position have to do with posting here?

Oh, the irony!
So you snoozed through your English lessons?

No, I've never been chucked this or any other forum.
Not a claim you can boast, I think, and Google confirms.

Oh, you mean John Lithgow? My current icon is a clip from a sci-fi comedy, and the actor is John Lithgow. The character is John Whorfin, the leader of a group of aliens who wish to invade Earth by way of the eighth dimension. Great and funny film from the 80's, it's pretty pathetic on several levels that your only response to being mocked for being a jerk is to try to call me "ugly", and it's not even me- it's an actor that you should recognize, in a role that you should recognize if you are actually the age range you claim. Seriously, if you are interested in talking to him about the project.. why not do that instead of bawling on about how you have no online communications experience.

Illiterate, obnoxious, and totally out of touch with tech humor that's thirty years old? I certainly can understand why nine out of ten businesses you may have been involved with failed.. my former employers include Digital, Harvard University - Office of Information Technology, and consultancy to Forbes 50 corporations. That's before I got taken out of the working world by incurable illness.. I'm actually interested in which business your attitude wasn't bad enough to sink, because it has to be a heck of an idea to survive being worked on by someone as bad at communications and discussion as yourself. I totally agree that any business you touch is doomed, and the idea, no matter how good will be lost due to your failure as a busninessman..

But by all means, your lifetime of failures, caused by you only, are plenty of C.V. to be hurting me ever so deeply... LOL

Look, if you in fact are anything but a troll.. why not stop trolling and spamming here about a problem you had on another site? I normally don't feed trolls, but I think the OP's project has zero to do with your childish flames. I for one am interested in the project.. and I'm not trying to make money off it, and if I can, help out with any ideas I may have. I'm not here trying to take someone else's good idea and make a profit off it-- but that IS why you are here.

I think if nothing else, you've made clear no matter the idea, the last thing anyone ought to do is even consider trying to work with someone as abrasive as yourself...

I got taken out of the working world by incurable illness.

You feel a need to tell all and sundry this, looking for sympathy?
It is always the case that a warped body produces a warped mind to one extent or another.
I think then the picture suits

Take it to PM, people, please.
None of this is helpful

AWOL:
Take it to PM, people, please.

Or maybe to Planet 10?

FYI - I'm still waiting for the sequel...