Go Down

Topic: Failed to configure board. MKR1000 (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

SyazwanWORK

Hi,
I can't configure my board. I just bought the MKR1000 and I followed the instructions to configure the board by it says, "We weren't able to configure the Crypto Chip. Timeout reached before we could configure your board."

I'm not sure what to do. Please assist.
Thank you:)

pert

The MKR boards come with their pins inserted into anti-static foam. This foam is conductive so you need to remove it before using the board.

Try removing anything you have connected to pins 11 and 12 on your board.

Make sure the board is not sitting on anything conductive that might be shorting out the pins.

jomoengineer

Hi,
I can't configure my board. I just bought the MKR1000 and I followed the instructions to configure the board by it says, "We weren't able to configure the Crypto Chip. Timeout reached before we could configure your board."

I'm not sure what to do. Please assist.
Thank you:)
If you have one of the MKR1000's that came without the headers populated, then the foam thing is a non issue.

If you have not done so already, try updating the Firmware on the MKR1000 and see if that clears the issue.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/FirmwareUpdater

I've had better luck with Firmware 19.5.4 rather than 19.6.1, so you might want to try that first.

Also, I have run into an issue where if a Shield is connected to the board, it interferes with the SDA and SCL signals  (D11 and D12) so ensure nothing else is plugged into the MKR1000 when connecting it for the first time.  The best bet is to ensure the SDA and SCL connections are left open.

adriens

Also, do not use 11 nor 12 pins ;-p

jomoengineer

Also, do not use 11 nor 12 pins ;-p
This is only valid for non i2C connections as I have pointed out in a previous post since you will end up redefining the i2C connection to the crypto device.  Otherwise, it should be fine with another i2C device as long as the device does not have the same address as the crypto device.

Go Up