Go Down

Topic: Debugging Due on Atmel Studio 7 using Atmel-ICE and JTAG (Read 384 times) previous topic - next topic

Henradrie

Hi all,

I was able to program my Uno using an Atmel-ICE and Atmel Studio. Thought I would try the same with my Due. Now I can't figure out how to get it to work.

I followed the same basic steps as this tutorial but selected JTAG in the debug tool tag. I powered up the board, plugged the connector in and pressed debug. I got a list of errors that I don't even know where to start with. Has anybody done this before and can lend a hand, I can't seem to find any good information anywhere?

Error list
Code: [Select]

Severity Code Description Project File Line
Error recipe for target 'src/core/cortex_handlers.o' failed ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\Debug\Makefile 261
Error recipe for target 'src/core/IPAddress.o' failed ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\Debug\Makefile 282
Error recipe for target 'src/core/main.o' failed ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\Debug\Makefile 296
Error recipe for target 'src/core/Print.o' failed ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\Debug\Makefile 310
Error chip.h: No such file or directory ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\include\core\Arduino.h 42
Error chip.h: No such file or directory ArduinoCore c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\include\core\Arduino.h 42
Error chip.h: No such file or directory Blink c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoCore\include\core\Arduino.h 42
Error recipe for target 'Sketch.o' failed Blink c:\users\brad's pc\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ArduinoSketch1\ArduinoSketch1\Blink\Debug\Makefile 81

Henradrie

Yes I did, the first one specifies what cable to use but doesn't go into much detail. The tutorials from the links in it show how to get AVR's working, but I've already got that working.

Copperhilltech was the first source I looked at. They basically say it is possible but don't give any real steps. The tutorials in the links on their page seem to go through different ways of accomplishing the same thing. I'm quite confused with which is the correct way to go especially since some of them only show ways of flashing to the chip and no debugging. On chip debugging is the reason I am trying to use Atmel Studio in the first place.

What I am looking for is a procedure similar to the one used for the Uno, where I import an arduino sketch, Atmel studio formats it to it's standard, and I can select the debugger I want to use. Does this procedure exist and if so how is it done?

Go Up