Go Down

Topic: Arduino Blink Error (Read 74 times) previous topic - next topic

jchia

I am having an issue running my code because when I run it, it says this " Sketch uses 1534 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes. Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes. " I am new to coding and have no clue what this means. Can someone explain how I can overcome this error? My code is attacked below and my goal is to make my 850nm diode blink. Could it possibly be my resistor (220 ohm). Thank you in advance! 

void setup() {
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN,OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN,HIGH);
  delay(100);
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN,LOW);
  delay(100);
}

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

It isn't an error.
You'll note the absence of the word "error".
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

david_2018

Temporarily connect the resistor to the 5V pin instead of pin 12, to verify the LED is working.  You may have the LED wired backwards, or it could be bad.  LEDs do go bad particularly if they have been hooked up without the resistor.

DrAzzy

That message indicates that the sketch was compiled successfully

Did you upload it, or just verify?

Code posted is stock blink code, it should make the on-board LED blink.

It will only make an external LED blink if that LED is connected to pin13 (in which case both will blink).

If you are using an 850nm LED, you cannot tell if it is blinking with the naked eye, that is IR, only an IR camera sensitive to that wavelength would be able to detect it (use a LED that emits visible light until you've got everything working)
ATTinyCore and megaTinyCore for all ATtiny, DxCore for DA/DB-series! github.com/SpenceKonde
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

850nm should be just visible, in a darkened room.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

dlloyd

Grab your cellphone, open the camera app and use it as a viewer ... instant IR vision!

Go Up