Go Down

Topic: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding (Read 109014 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Or spend $7.77 and get yourself a tool that you don't have to set up every time you want to use it.
https://www.pololu.com/product/3172
Free shipping in the US; international, I don't know.

Can use as a Programmer to install bootloader and program fuses.
Can use as a USB/Serial interface if you need to debug via serial interface.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

cxybrbunny

(fixed)
OMG this is my first arduino I've been trouble shooting promblems for 5 hours now probably, I've been installing divers to fix the port (as this was my first promblem) and then I got your same error. After searching up things for hours agian to fix this new promblem I said "hey whatever I'm just gonna play with it" switching to old bootloader worked I've never even seen an upload before IT...WAS....GLORIOUS.

pert

I'm glad to hear you got it working @cxybrbunny. Enjoy!

TheDeadLives

(fixed)
OMG this is my first arduino I've been trouble shooting promblems for 5 hours now probably, I've been installing divers to fix the port (as this was my first promblem) and then I got your same error. After searching up things for hours agian to fix this new promblem I said "hey whatever I'm just gonna play with it" switching to old bootloader worked I've never even seen an upload before IT...WAS....GLORIOUS.
Can you please say how do you change to old bootloader? I'm having the exact same issue, but the problem doesn't seem to be from the board (my UNO is very old :P) and i can't find in my IDE that option that everyone talks "change processor to old bootloader" (didn't play with arduino for more than 4 years, i think)

ballscrewbob

@TheDeadLives

OLD BOOTLOADER generally only affects NANO clones not UNO's

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

aiswarya_joy

Hi,
This is what I am getting while upload the code to nano. I had changed the Processor in ToolBox as ATmega328P(Old Bootloader ) also but no change.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

Sketch uses 27850 bytes (90%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.

Global variables use 302 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1746 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x1e

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x1e

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x1e

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x1e

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

pert

Hi,
This is what I am getting while upload the code to nano. I had changed the Processor in ToolBox as ATmega328P(Old Bootloader ) also but no change.
Is your board the Classic Nano with the ATmega328P chip, or is it one of the newer Nano Every, Nano 33 IoT, or Nano 33 BLE?

aucca

New here, I am trying to make my Arduino Uno working in a Mac M1. Got this error:

Sketch uses 924 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
/Users/fabiojoelauccapucllaquispe/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude -C/Users/fabiojoelauccapucllaquispe/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbmodem11301 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/tb/99h_d5b93d11ncfhx2xs4b2c0000gn/T/arduino_build_852582/Blink.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Users/fabiojoelauccapucllaquispe/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/fabiojoelauccapucllaquispe/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbmodem11301
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00