Go Down

Topic: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding (Read 11729 times) previous topic - next topic

zneb

Well I'm still having the same problem. I'm thinking maybe I should reburn the bootloader but don't know how. Are the bootloaders the same in all the same boards? I have 3, uno 3 boards and none of them work. I retried my nano with old bootloader  and it did upload but I can't check if it works cause I need the uno for that..I know I'm a pest but at 83 yrs old  this is what makes My days interesting.

flagtrax

this is what makes My days interesting.
LOL indeed... and I'm not far behind. I'd suggest backing up a bit and verify all the criteria required to upload to one of the UNO's first. IE: is the proper board selected, is the proper port selected? I know that seems redundant, but I've trapped myself many times with simple slip-ups. Try uploading a simple sketch like "blink". Forgive me if you've done all this, but with the thread getting longer, it's hard to keep track.

There are multiple instructionals out there to load bootloaders, if you google, you should be able to find one. That being said, if you use a breadboard setup for interconnecting, I can say that has been one of my major sources of problems.

Review my last post regarding IDE ver's 1.8.9 and 1.8.7. Now I haven't seen any strangeness with the UNO but I have with Pro-mini's and Nano's. Do you have access to an older IDE to try?

rhearajesh

Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

Sketch uses 930 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\rhea9\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_260489/Blink.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM1
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xdd

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Kapil_Varadhan

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 4234 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 242 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1806 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Welcome\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_530167/trial_1.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM1
         Using Programmer              : arduino
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc7

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Budvar10

Nov 06, 2019, 08:07 pm Last Edit: Nov 06, 2019, 08:12 pm by Budvar10
@rhearajesh
Try to use Nano with "Old Bootloader". It could help if it is chinese clone.

@Kapil_Varadhan
UNO does not have same problem as Nano. Maybe you could write more detailed info.
Is it clone...?
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

narendermann

I resolved this by selecting -> Tools -> Processor -> ATmega328P (old bootloader)

tmhuud007

Im having this issue too. I cant upload ANYTHING to my nano (genuine) Everythings ok with UNO and Micro.  Can anyone help?????

ocrantz

Nov 11, 2019, 01:13 am Last Edit: Nov 11, 2019, 06:18 pm by ocrantz
Same issue here, with three different nano versions.  I took the advice from above and downloaded and installed an older version of the Arduino IDE (1.8.7, found at firehorse.com).  Seems to have solved the upload problem, but the Serial Port/Console doesn't print out messages.

Update: got the serial port working (operator error), but 1.8.7 still is a bit flakey; I have to swap the cpu type every once in a while to avoid the avrdude error.  But at least now I can work on my project.  Might try 1.8.5, but bleh maybe not.

tmhuud007

Same issue here, with three different nano versions.  I took the advice from above and downloaded and installed an older version of the Arduino IDE (1.8.7, found at firehorse.com).  Seems to have solved the upload problem, but the Serial Port/Console doesn't print out messages.
Hmmm. Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll have to give my codes to a friend so he can upload them to the nanos for now.  But I think I'll try an older software version monday.

CrossRoads

You can also get older versions right from Arduino.cc

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous
 (forum might stick some extra characters at the start and end of that link)
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

tmhuud007

Hmmm. So I gave the code to a friend with a PC and he couldn't put it on the NANO either. He got a weird error something about the Mac OS.....

CognitiveIT

Hiya - A quick note to stop some red herrings.

I received this error with an Funduino (Keyes) Pro Mini and Funduino FTDI Basic. Both came with no documentation or pin-out markings for the programming pins.

It took me quite a few hours of searching and poking around with a multimeter before I realised the Funduino board has reversed the alignment of the pins on the interface. When put the FTDI I/F card upside-down it worked!! Why would these guys do that I have no idea .. anyway all good now - working perfectly.

Doc is here (thankyou tinkbox.ph)

http://tinkbox.ph/sites/tinkbox.ph/files/downloads/KEYES%20Funduino%20Pro%20Mini%20328.pdf

Loras

Hi guys,

I had this error many times..  And ordered new FTDI adapters :) Even two. Yesterday.

But now I found, that if I want to upload a sketch to my bare-bone Atmel328p, I need to wait some little time after closing Serial monitor. One or Couple minutes was enough. Of course, Bluetooth adapter must be disconnected also.
And now if it's not uploading - I am just going to make cafe :) And it always helps now.

kmd495

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 1448 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
C:\Users\nigel\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\nigel\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cwiring -PCOM4 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\nigel\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_52102/_blink.4sec_delay2.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\nigel\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4
         Using Programmer              : wiring
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
avrdude: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer