Go Down

Topic: Pulsing / unstabile movement (Read 232 times) previous topic - next topic

DBSDBS

Hello,

May be there is some information about this problem, but I can't find it.

So, I try to use this Sketch, but have problems with the motors movement.

When the power supply to the motors is ON, they stay calm.

When I power on the arduino, the first motor starts to "pulsing".... It stays on place, but when I take it in hand I can feel its pulsing - every second.

The sketch have test (go home) movement for both motors. The first ones moves steps by steps (a couple of steps every time), the second one moves almost smoothly.

I believe that something in the sketch (or in the libraries) is wrong, but have not enough knowliges to find the problem.

The guy that have published this sketch do not respond.

I hope, someone will help me.

BR

Denis

Robin2

I hope, someone will help me.
You have posted a very long program but you have given us no idea what its purpose is or what project you are trying to create.

You have not told us what sort of motors or motor drivers, or motor power supply you are using.

There are probably also other useful things you could tell us - including, for example, what Arduino board you are using.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

DBSDBS

Apr 09, 2019, 09:05 pm Last Edit: Apr 09, 2019, 09:17 pm by DBSDBS
Project is a 3D scanner,

Arduino UNO

Drivers are DRV8255

Motors are ordinary NEMA 17

Power supplys are one 5V and one 12V stabilised.

The real program is very short... the rest is a menu and content display.

3 buttons for menu navigations, 2 stepper drivers for driving two motors.

DBSDBS

Here is the shematics

MarkT

Project is a 3D scanner,

Arduino UNO

Drivers are DRV8255

Motors are ordinary NEMA 17
not enough information on the motor, full details always please, it matters.
Power supplys are one 5V and one 12V stabilised.
Not enough information on the power supplies, full details always please, it matters.
The real program is very short... the rest is a menu and content display.
Then post the short version, after ensuring it displays the same symptoms

[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

DBSDBS

Motors are really not special - the same drivers with the same motors working great at my 3D printer.. So the problem is not in them.

---------------

The power supplies are 2 separate wallmount PSU's: 12V - 2A and 5V - 3.5A (I'll check this evening with another PSU for 12V)

For the 5V I've tried with:

- direct USB connection to the Arduino
- 12V to the Arduino PSU port
- 5V / 3.5A Wallmount PSU

Results are the same !

---------------

About the short version - If I can separate the sketch and find the real problem - I should not ask here :(

Robin2

If I can separate the sketch and find the real problem - I should not ask here
That's very true.

However if you CAN'T find the real problem then it will be much easier to help you if you post a short program that illustrates the problem.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MarkT

Motors are really not special - the same drivers with the same motors working great at my 3D printer.. So the problem is not in them.
not enough information on the motor, full details always please, it REALLY MATTERS.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

DBSDBS

The problem was in PSU for the mottors.

Thank's.

Go Up