Go Down

Topic: actuonixs mini linear actuator PQ12-p question (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic

jsteph41

so i am working on a project that uses 6 linear actuators that have positional feedback. these are hooked up to 3 DRV8835 motor drivers and these are connected to an arduino nano. now my question is, is there a way to make the linear actuator stop at a point that i can define in the arduino code? i have attached the data sheet for those that may not be familiar with the actuonix PQ12-P linear actuator.

Paul_KD7HB

so i am working on a project that uses 6 linear actuators that have positional feedback. these are hooked up to 3 DRV8835 motor drivers and these are connected to an arduino nano. now my question is, is there a way to make the linear actuator stop at a point that i can define in the arduino code? i have attached the data sheet for those that may not be familiar with the actuonix PQ12-P linear actuator.
That's why they have "positional feedback"!

Put 5 volts on one end of the potentiometer and ground the other end. The lead for the wiper connected to an Arduino analog pin will give you a voltage between 5 volts and about 0. Once you have calibrated various voltage values to the actuator position, you can stop the motor drive when the position is reached and there you have what you want.

Since the Arduino Nano has two analog pins, you are limited to two devices. For more, search for another Arduino with more analog inputs.

Paul

CrossRoads

"Since the Arduino Nano has two analog pins"  Huh?  Nano has at least 6, like an Uno, and possibly 8 if A6 & A7 are brought out to pins, like many Promini equivalents do.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Paul_KD7HB

"Since the Arduino Nano has two analog pins"  Huh?  Nano has at least 6, like an Uno, and possibly 8 if A6 & A7 are brought out to pins, like many Promini equivalents do.

Thanks! Late at night and sleepy. Thinking analog output.

Paul

jsteph41

Thank you all for the help!!! i really hope that this adds a new level to my project!

Go Up