Go Down

Topic: 15 minutes of eye candy. (Read 465 times) previous topic - next topic

larryd

Apr 14, 2019, 08:22 pm Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 09:10 pm by larryd
@ 4, 6 and 8 minutes is fun :)

https://youtu.be/r18Gi8lSkfM   

Would have been nice to have seen this back in school days, hmmm, they didn't have monitors back then :(

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

Robin2

Interesting and informative. But 8 minutes too long - the woman should talk faster.

I recall seeing a mechanical machine (no electrical parts) in the Science Museum in London. There was a place to hold a sheet of paper with a printed graph of a waveform. There was a sort of stylus (linked to levers) that you would use to trace over the waveform and the machine would draw (on other pieces of paper) the first 3 (I think) harmonics of the waveform. Mechanical Fourier analysis.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

Chem majors had lsd. Same thing.
What, I need to say something else too?

larryd

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

dougp

I recall seeing a mechanical machine (no electrical parts) in the Science Museum in London. There was a place to hold a sheet of paper with a printed graph of a waveform. There was a sort of stylus (linked to levers) that you would use to trace over the waveform and the machine would draw (on other pieces of paper) the first 3 (I think) harmonics of the waveform. Mechanical Fourier analysis.
Here's a molecular machine animation - Jordan Peterson shows you a video of DNA fixing itself
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.  If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. - Niels Bohr

No private consultations undertaken!

Go Up