Go Down

Topic: Accredited degrees. (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

I see so many questions from "final year students" that it makes me wonder if the Forum should seek accreditation to issue degrees for students.  :)

I would expect a final year student to be teaching me.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Qdeathstar

final year in a 2 year technical school, robin...
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Robin2

Apr 16, 2019, 03:03 pm Last Edit: Apr 16, 2019, 03:04 pm by Robin2
final year in a 2 year technical school, robin...
Some yes. But others are at university - shortly to be let loose as "qualified" engineers etc.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Paul_KD7HB

Some yes. But others are at university - shortly to be let loose as "qualified" engineers etc.

...R
Robin, some of us don't realize how lucky we are.

I have a friend, an EE who worked for Bell Labe/AT&T. They sent him to Indonesia to help set up a telephone manufacturing plant. He was supposed to be there a week to help the local EEs get the plant up and running and testing the product telephones.

Roger came back so disappointed. ALL the local EEs had university degrees. Not one had ever touched a screwdriver or had ever touched a meter of any kind. Nor had they ever seen the inside of a telephone. All learning had come from books. All university testing required answers from books.

Roger had to go back several times. Sometimes for several weeks. His wife went with him. Eventually the factory was able to produce telephones that worked.

Paul

Go Up