Go Down

Topic: I can't find the library for 2.8" TFT LCD Shield V3 (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic

ameerulislam

I can't find the library for 2.8" TFT LCD Shield V3, I bought this chinese hardware but I can't seem to find the libraries for it. I only find V2 and it doesn't work. I only see white screen. What's missing?

david_prentice

Go on.    Post a link to the actual shield that you have bought.

ameerulislam

I bought it offline so there is no link I can attach the pictures of it though.

Please refer to the attached images!

david_prentice

It is a Blue Mcufriend shield.

Install  MCUFRIEND_kbv and Adafruit_GFX via the Library Manager.
There are examples.    They will tell you the controller ID.

If it is a popular controller like ILI9341 there are many other libraries.    You do not need to use the kbv one.
Most libraries use GFX for graphics.    This makes it easy to run code that was written for a different library.

The BMP example that comes with Adafruit libraries is SIMPLER than the kbv example.

David.

ameerulislam

THank you sir.. I can see some activities now.. I found Id, in fact it changed once. do I have to assign that id somewhere in the example code so it works with my one?

david_prentice

All the examples should read the ID.   Most report to the Serial Terminal.
Then use the ID to configure correctly.

You do not change anything.    However it would be nice if you simply reported the ID in your message.

David.

ameerulislam

All the examples should read the ID.   Most report to the Serial Terminal.
Then use the ID to configure correctly.

You do not change anything.    However it would be nice if you simply reported the ID in your message.

David.
How do I configure?

I got this in serial port
Serial took 0ms to start
ID = 0x8230

graphictest_kbv

ameerulislam

I saw "a line" before but after that I'm getting nothing (tried 2 codes all shown same thing). even the same code not showing anything but white screen. Stuck with this screen problem for so long....

:'(

david_prentice

MCUFRIEND_kbv supports the UC8230 but not by default.

Edit MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp you will see a sequence like this:
Code: [Select]

#define SUPPORT_68140             //RM68140 +52 bytes defaults to PIXFMT=0x55
#define SUPPORT_7781              //ST7781 +172 bytes
//#define SUPPORT_8230              //UC8230 +118 bytes
//#define SUPPORT_8347D             //HX8347-D, HX8347-G, HX8347-I, HX8367-A +520 bytes, 0.27s

change it to

#define SUPPORT_68140             //RM68140 +52 bytes defaults to PIXFMT=0x55
#define SUPPORT_7781              //ST7781 +172 bytes
#define SUPPORT_8230              //UC8230 +118 bytes
//#define SUPPORT_8347D             //HX8347-D, HX8347-G, HX8347-I, HX8367-A +520 bytes, 0.27s

save it back to disk

I am not aware of any other library that supports UC8230.   So this is your only option.

David.

ameerulislam

I hope it's not a silly question.. I can't find this cppv file other than the original zip file that I downloaded. Not in app data nor in the program file library folder. Where should I find this?

or do i have to edit the library zip file that I originally downloaded?

david_prentice

First off.   Do NOT use a ZIP file.    I have no idea where you got it from.
Please delete any directory you have created.   Leave IDE first.

Use the IDE Library Manager to install libraries.

Then you will find the file in a location like this:

C:\Users\David Prentice\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Mcufriend_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp

David.

ameerulislam

First off.   Do NOT use a ZIP file.    I have no idea where you got it from.
Please delete any directory you have created.   Leave IDE first.

Use the IDE Library Manager to install libraries.

Then you will find the file in a location like this:

C:\Users\David Prentice\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Mcufriend_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp

David.
My bad.. I have these arduino libraries in similar location that you gave and your uncommenting edit did work! thank you so much.. I can't believe I didn't look for this forum for help before! May Allah bless you!.

ameerulislam

HI David,

I can't find any good documentation on this MCUFriend display. I want to take reading from my ph sensor, DTH sensor for temperature and humidity and also from light intensity sensor. But I don't know where to start from I can't find any help online. Examples are also confusing some of them work and others don't work.

Thanks

david_prentice

MCUFRIEND_kbv does nothing more ttan inplement GFX ,in hardware.

Just draw the appropriate pixels that you want,  The GFX docs show what is available. e.g. lines, circles, ..., print (text)

Most apps never use hardware specific things like readGRAM() or vertScroll()
If you want them,  just ask.   Or  study the examples.

David.

mduckham

David, thank you. I also had the same difficulty getting a UC8230 shield up and running. Your responses helped me successfully diagnose and then solve the problem. Matt

Go Up