Go Down

Topic: can i use arduino uno for control 6 stepper motor 0.6 n.m at same time for torqe (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

moh00

hi
 can i use 1 arduino for control of 6 stepper motor at same time just for speed & torque ?
any body have idea for driver?

Robin2

Without knowing the specific stepper motor it is impossible to suggest a driver

Without knowing the type of driver and the type of Arduino and the speed (number of steps per second) for all the motors it is impossible to say whether an Arduino can do the job.

These links may help
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

moh00

sorry
 3.6 v
2.1 amp
8 kg.cm
arduino uno

Robin2

2.1 amps is beyond the capability of the common DRV8825 stepper driver that often appears in Forum Threads. You will need a more powerful (and more expensive) driver. I suggest you get one that can provide at least 50% more current than your motor needs. In this case that would be a minimum of 3 amps.

Most specialized stepper motor drivers require step and direction signals from the Arduino so 6 motor drivers would require 12 Arduino I/O pins. IMHO it would be best to get a Mega as it has more I/O pins than an Uno, in case you also need I/O pins for other purposes.

Without knowing the total number of steps per second (all motor combined) I can't say whether a 16MHz Arduino would be fast enough.

It is much easier to give useful advice when people describe the project they are trying to create.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up