Arduino IDE developers have some connection with the Visual Micro?

Hello,

I would like to know if the Arduino IDE developers have some connection with the development of Visual Micro IDE.

Because the Arduino IDE still takes so long to compile, when using Windows. And it's much faster when using Linux. Being the same computer.

1. a normal 7 second build (an 8 year old Acer notebook) using ArduinoIDE and
  • a 0.5 second build on your hardware running Visual Micro ?[/quote]

https://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1154&start=20

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
No.

Thank you.

I found this video, it seems very complicated the Arduino IDE, a sequence of adaptations.

Perhaps to get multiplatform in compilation results in a slow, non-dedicated IDE such as MikroC.

Build for other platforms

You can do the build for other platforms using:

ant clean dist -Dplatform=windows

ant clean dist -Dplatform=macosx

ant clean dist -Dplatform=macosx-java-latest

rtek1000:
I found this video, it seems very complicated the Arduino IDE, a sequence of adaptations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-K9tzRqCqM

I watched it at 2X and it still was too slow. I don't understand why the youngsters are so into getting all their information from videos. For certain types of information, videos are ideal. In this case, that information could have been shared so much more efficiently in a different form. After all, the actual information was all text anyway. What's the point of a video of text? If that was written as an article, I could have read it at my own pace (much faster), easily skipped over parts I'm not interested in, and used text search to quickly find information.

There was some good information but they got some things wrong. The worst is assuming that Arduino == AVR. Sure, the most popular Arduino boards are AVR, but the Arduino IDE is capable of working with any architecture and any toolchain. I can't believe someone with a fairly in-depth understanding of how the IDE works could make that error.

I also think they gave a bit of a wrong impression of the "Arduino Programming Language". Perhaps it does qualify as a separate language, but even the video shows that the amount of preprocessing required to turn code written in "Arduino Language" into valid C++ is very minimal.

rtek1000:
Building Arduino · arduino/Arduino Wiki · GitHub

I'm curious. Why do you want to compile the Arduino IDE?