Need help with Local AVS Server Configuration

Leticiar:
I am really struggling and I need to complete this project in two days. I dont know what Im doing no more. This is getting really stressful for me

I'm sorry about that - I know what that feels like

Leticiar:
this is what i get when I run the git clone

Looks like you'll have to download the zip in the same way you downloaded the other repository. You might not've been able to run the .sh because it wasn't there in the first place. If you download the test app zip and extract it, it should be there and able to run

I found this tutorial for the AVS Server Configuration

Im going to try to see if I can do it this way

Do you think you can help me with part 2 of the setup your configuration session of the tutorial I just sent please

pi@raspberrypi:~/sdk-folder/sdk-build $ mv ~/Downloads/config.json /home/pi/avs-device-sdk/tools/Install
mv: cannot move '/home/pi/Downloads/config.json' to '/home/pi/avs-device-sdk/tools/Install/config.json': Permission denied
this is what I get after doing step one of setting up my configuration

sudo is your best friend

so how would i use sudo to move the file?

ok i did it. Now im struggling with the next step
Run genConfig.sh, including the following as arguments:

bash genConfig.sh config.json {device serial number}
/{{path to database}}
/{{path to source folder}}/avs-device-sdk
{{path to build}}/Integration/AlexaClientSDKConfig.json

i did this and this is what i got
pi@raspberrypi:~/sdk-folder/sdk-build $ bash genConfig.sh config.json {device serial number} \

/{{path to database}}
bash: genConfig.sh: No such file or directory

bash: genConfig.sh: No such file or directory

Looks like you either didn't download the file yet, downloaded it to the wrong place, or specified the wrong path

i have the file I just found it and its in the right place because its suppose to be in /home/pi/avs-device-sdk/tools/install

this is what i did
pi@raspberrypi:~/sdk-folder/sdk-build $ cd /home/pi/avs-device-sdk/tools/Installpi@raspberrypi:~/avs-device-sdk/tools/Install $ bash genConfig.sh config.json {device serial number} \

/{{path to database}}
Usage: genConfig.sh <config.json file> <device_serial_number>

1. <config.json file> can be downloaded from developer portal and must contain the following:
    "clientId": ""
    "productId": ""
  2. <device_serial_number> specifies the deviceInfo deviceSerialNumber in the output json file.
  3. specifies the path to where the databases will be located.
  4. specifies the root directory to where the avs-device-sdk source code is located.
  5. output file

then why did you try to run it from

~/sdk-folder/sdk-build

I'm a newbie I'm just figuring this out sorry. Do you know how I can create a backup for my AlexaClientSDKConfig.json file?

Doing this all from the terminal can be really difficult for a newbie, can you use the file browser to find/move/backup/etc the file then run the .sh from there? You can launch a .sh from the file browser

How exactly do i do that though?

You should do some research on how to use Linux before having to do a bunch of Linux stuff for this project

what command do I use in terminal to back up the file?

The dd command copies a file converting the file as specified. It is often used to copy an entire disk to a single file or back again. So, for example, dd if=/dev/sdd of=backup.img will create a backup image from an SD card or USB disk drive at /dev/sdd. Make sure to use the correct drive when copying an image to the SD card as it can overwrite the entire disk.

would this work?

Why do you want to back it up? The two biggest things you need to do is to learn how to move the files into the correct directories and know how to launch bash scripts

in the tutorial it says
IMPORTANT: Create a backup of your AlexaClientSDKConfig.json file. Subsequent builds will reset the contents of this file.
this is why I want to back it up. It might not be necessary for my project though so I guess I will just continue on