Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 181859 times) previous topic - next topic

skyjumper

Thanks! $2.19 each at Digikey in small quantity, in stock.

mmcp42

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

Thanks guys! Will update my layout tonight. Think I just have 1 or 2 parts left to confirm as being purchasable & I will be ordering material & PCBs.
Figure out solder strategy & template, etc next.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Well, it was an ugly routing to fit those pins, but I got it in!

Looks to me that the 2 top pins are the +/- from the battery and the bottom pin is not connected; the symbol is not marked like that.

Which is that correct?  Hopefully the electrical connections as that's what I worked in 8)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

mmcp42

'fraid not
the 2 pins at one end are PLUS, the one pin at t'other end is MINUS

reference document
and them that doesn't

mowcius

Yeah, only a single pin for +, the diagrams are confusing where they show two pins as is splits into two to contact the battery.

CrossRoads

Can you fix the footprint to match? I had to show both ends of the battery connected to the RTC's Vbat pin on the schematic to get eagle to let me connect them together, and kludge a via and overlapping wires over the other pin to get it grounded.
Thanks!
Robert

mmcp42

and them that doesn't

mmcp42

ok here's MkII

I had to kludge it by putting two pins on top of one another in the schematic view!

I'll see if there's a neater way

(hee hee 9 minutes!!)
and them that doesn't

mmcp42

and better yet, removed the spurious holes (you get one free with each pad!)

so ugly, only a mother could love it...
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

Thanks, will give it a try when I get home tonight!

pito

Jun 07, 2011, 11:23 pm Last Edit: Jun 07, 2011, 11:57 pm by pito Reason: 1
@crossroads: the value of the capacitor at the 32khz resonator depends heavily on the type of resonator you're going to use. Basically there are so called for CL = 6pF, 12.5pF, and many others. My no-name resonators require ~15pF. So the usual way is to left it empty, and, when the clock is too fast,  add few pF. Adding the capacity will slow down your clock.. (provided you travel at a reasonable speed..). P.

The tuning capacitor shall be connected to X1 pin ( the input of the oscillator ), not X2 !! Pls modify your layout..

CrossRoads

Okay, will go with nothing to start and tweak from there. Will move the cap when I update the battery in a little while.

CrossRoads

mmcp24,
I deleted the  old library, deleted the  battery from my schematic,  saved  files, closed eagle down and resaved the library, Then reopened the files, selected use library, selected the part again - and  the terminals are still showing up the same way

mmcp42

Jun 08, 2011, 08:30 am Last Edit: Jun 08, 2011, 08:34 am by mmcp42 Reason: 1
hmm that's odd

easiest way to update a component without deleting and adding is
open your schematic (xxx.sch)
click library::update and select the updated ButtonCell.lbr

can you try this then:
open your schematic (xxx.sch)
click library::open and select ButtonCell.lbr
when you click on package and select TYCO120591 do you see the new (pretty) shape?
(see picture below)

your technique of delete and add works of course, it's just more clicks than you need

another way is to right-click the old button in the schematic, click replace - then navigate through the library to the replacement object

I've re-posted the library to make sure you have the latest
let me know how it goes

cheers
Mike
and them that doesn't

Go Up