Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 178418 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

It'll be good practice for you to make it then :)

sixeyes

If you've got a mechanical drawing it'll not take you long. The tutorial at instructables is very detailed, with step by step instructions.

mmcp42

they're not wrong
it's quick and easy and very satisfying
(noooooooooooooo making your own components!)
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

48X24X48X

Once you get hold of making your own libraries, you don't look back! :)

You can use right click and replace to change the footprint.

CrossRoads

Will be back at it tonight, was wiped after fencing classes last night, didn't even get online.
Thanks for all the encouragement!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

graynomad

I wonder if your drill size problem was that the via "anulars" were too small, ie the copper around the drilled hole. This happens when the hole it too large for the pad according to the rules.

As for making components, I don't even bother to search for them, I just make things as I need them (but I don't use Eagle).
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

48X24X48X

I wonder if your drill size problem was that the via "anulars" were too small, ie the copper around the drilled hole. This happens when the hole it too large for the pad according to the rules.

As for making components, I don't even bother to search for them, I just make things as I need them (but I don't use Eagle).
______
Rob

Always check minimum annular ring with the factory that you want to use. If the factory didn't check and the design went for production, you'll get a lot of half moon craps.

Argh, I miss using Altium. You are using one right? Can't afford one nowadays, used to have it on previous job. It's super efficient program and intuitive! 

CrossRoads

I don't what happened to the drill errors, but they went away.
I'm working on the SD socket now. 
Got the pads all defined to be the right sizes, working on their placement.

Here's the latest  - with a bunch of signal tweaking, I have a lot more ground plane coverage. Thought I had the bottom middle fixed, I think solving one of the clearance errors hosed it, will tweak that again.
Also looks like the TX/D1 line takes the really long way around, will see if that can be fixed some.
And there's 1 little blue unrouted line where +5 needs to go to a pullup resistor, need to fix that too.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

graynomad

I'd say the top left and bottom right mounting holes have components/tracks way too close, a screw head would easily short some of those tracks and maybe foul the headers.

______
Rob

CrossRoads

I fixed the top one already, the autorouter kept putting that signal up there even tho I had it routed down the middle of the board - I'm thinking I had 1 or 2 vias too many. I had to move a few signals to route it with fewer vias so when I let it autoroute & fill the ground planes things worked.
Will look at the lower right as I clean up clearances again from the moves I made.

graynomad

Argh, I miss using Altium. You are using one right?

I was a very early adopter of the original DOS-based Protel, I pushed for it at the company I worked for. Moving from stencils and Bishop tape to CAD was a real leap of faith in those days.

We used to get beta releases (from the guys who wrote it in Tasmania IIRC), we'd phone them and talk about features we'd like in the next release.

Despite Altium's heritage it's nothing like Protel, it's bloody good though.

______
Rob

pito

..maybe it is there - a jumper to switch off the capacitor from ftdi to RESET - some terminals may reset the arduino when connected, and other systems may require the switching the cap off too..P.

CrossRoads

This jumper pito?
(3-pin used because I didn't see a 2-pin)

CrossRoads

Okay, I've created my first Eagle Library part!
However, I can't find it on my hard drive to upload it for review.
I saved it as RWP.lbr. When I open eagle, I can tell it to use my new Library.
When I go to add parts, RWP is not listed in list of libraries.
I'd like to upload it to ask you guys to check my math on the pads placements, but I can't find it to  upload it.
If I open the eagle control panel, I can see the library, and my part - I just can't get it into my schematic.
This is damned aggravating.

mmcp42

open your library
click save as - you then say where it will finish up!
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Go Up