Go Down

Topic: ATMEL Mega1284P evaluation board avalible (Read 178478 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Thanks Mike, will try again tonight. No fencing tonight, can try it as soon as I get home. 
Was definitely not pulling your new picture in. 
I even checked the timestamp when I downloaded, seemed to be the right thing.
Thought maybe it was keeping the old one, that's why I deleted everything and added in fresh.
Robert
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

mmcp42

cool
is Boston 5 hours behind UK (so it's 9:20 there now?)

what time you get home?
might try and stay up late to get this sorted!
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

Sounds about right, just after 10AM now.
Usually closer to 5:30, depending on traffic. Sometimes 5:15 if things go really smooth and I can catch a couple of green lights at the right place.  18mile drive, but only a couple of it on the highway - and that usually the slow part!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Looking good!
Now to figure out what that rotation angle was again ...

mmcp42

woop woop!

what was the fix? (walk away for a couple of hours and it works now?!?)
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

It was  your new file :)

Either that or I never really got rid of the old file, despite my best efforts.

mmcp42

way back you mentioned a USB that allowed you to connect the ground pads
did you ever find one?

I used USB-MINIB-5PIN (USB-MINIB) from the Sparkfun library
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

I have one on the board.  Will have to look to see which one it is.

mmcp42

I saw that you had one, but with ground pads floating
the one I mentioned in the Sparfun library allows you to connect them up
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

I will check it out, thanks for the tip.

bubulindo

What's the status on this board? Any news?
This... is a hobby.

CrossRoads

Ahh, the pressure!
Things have been busy at work, its the end of the fencing season, so things have gone a little slow.
I have a quote for boards in hand. Have a parts list nearly complete to place an order for material.
I have an FCI socket and the battery holder now, graciously supplied by Skyjumper (whose board I have also been working on, he is making great progress in getting testing done and details worked for the enclosure - had to do a redesign to add a dual UART for more serial ports when he discovered software serial sucked up too much computing time - still, the 1284 and a dual uart are less than a quad uart equipped atmega).

So, should be back at it soon. Probably not tomorrow being Father's Day and all ...

skyjumper

Its my fault, I have been monopolizing all Crossroads' spare time :-( But on the plus side, we're sooooo close to done!

Happy father's day Bob!

bubulindo

No worries... I just don't wanna miss my chance of putting my hands on one of them. :)
This... is a hobby.

tastewar

I've been quietly assuming there would be some sort of announcement, asking for interest and/or orders before CrossRoads places his order for boards...

Go Up