Go Down

Topic: Adafruit SI1145  (Read 147 times) previous topic - next topic

Andreiutzx

Hello ,

I just bought  Adafruit SI1145 for a university project. I study biology with forensic science second year, and i tried to 3D print a mini spectrophotometer for a home made PCR. I tried to play around with the arduino to make it work but i have no idea ,how should i do what i need to do. Even the easy examples like turn LED on/off seems too hard for me.  Programming is definitely not for me .In essence what i need to do is to make SI1145 to read the Visible spectrum and the IR of a light beam ,from 5 to 5 minutes or when you press a button and also to produce a data which i can see, like the one attached , based on  the wavelength of the light (nm).   If anybody know how to do that and wants to help, i can provide maybe more details to understand better the concept and maybe somehow the project will work.

I tried for more than 2 weeks and i can't get the programming part , thanks a lot !

jremington

Apr 21, 2019, 04:26 am Last Edit: Apr 21, 2019, 04:26 am by jremington
The sensor is not intended to read a "spectrum" and there is no way to use it to do so. It has two photodiodes with broad response, one peaking at about 500 nm (yellow/green) and the other peaking at about 800 nm (near IR).

The detector will respond to any light between 450 nm and 1050 nm, with two outputs that are a very complicated function of input wavelength(s) and intensity.

There might be other options, if you can explain what do you really want to do.

wvmarle

Based on your message I don't really understand what you're doing.

You want output as on the screen shot you posted - well that'd be a starting point of your code.

But then? Show that for some time after a button press and the rest of the time do nothing? How is it supposed to be shown?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

pert

Andreiutzx has also posted about this in Gigs and Collaborations:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=611358

Go Up