Go Down

Topic: Arduino Micro bricked on arrival. (Read 208 times) previous topic - next topic

zezba9000

Arduino Micro (NOT pro micro) arrived in mail bricked: https://www.amazon.com/Arduino-Micro-Headers-A000053-Controller/dp/B00AFY2S56/

Ordered off Amazon.
When I plug it into my Win10 PC nothing happens. Device manager doesn't even know its there. Its like there is no bootloader at all.

I've been trying to find out the wiring needed burn a bootloader back on it with my Uno as an ISP programmer but there are literally no docs on the web for Micro specifically and I can't get it to work.

Also where do you download official bootloaders that should have been pre-installed on the device?

pert

Make sure the USB cable is fully inserted into the Micro's and your computer's USB jacks.

You may have a damaged, defective, or charge-only USB cable. Try using a different cable.

zezba9000

Apr 23, 2019, 02:43 am Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019, 02:45 am by zezba9000
Ok got the bootloader fixed. Used an UNO as an ISP programmer.

Here is the wiring used. Used Pro Micro docs and translated them to normal Micro pins as there is lots of info for UNO ISP programmer => Pro Micro.

pert

Thanks for taking the time to post an update zezba9000! I'm glad to see you got your Micro working. Enjoy!
Per

Go Up