Find details about a motor extracted from a DVD drive ?

Hello
I am trying to find out details of motors extracted from old DVD drives. Motors don't seem to have useful markings. How to figure out their details ? Interested in knowing motor type, voltage , and which lead is what + - etc . Goal is to drive them with an arduino.

Example: A motor which is for moving a laser in the drive. Has a 4 lead band. Written "ifx k1 482" on the band and "H23 0710C5" on a metal part. both texts lead to nothing. Google suggests 4 lead band = bipolar stepper motor. lead pairs identified with a multimeter, but how to figure out which lead is for what ?

I also tried finding details from DVD drive "LG gh22ns50", but only found manuals and not spec sheets.
There are other motors with 2 leads. I think they are brushless motors.

Help!

If it’s a 4 wire stepper and you’ve identified the pairings , then connect it up and reverse one pair if it doesn’t run

Photo? If its tiny the current may be 50 to 100mA, if its only small 200 to 500mA is more likely.
Have you measured the winding resistance?

ok measured the resistance. Why didn't I do this before ? Thanks a lot for the idea.

A brushless motor with resistance of 19.2 has 3.0V written. Which means current: 155ma
A stepper motor has 10.3 resistance across both pairs . No voltage written. But this motor is about 80% bigger than the previous one and if current is assumed to be 300ma then voltage comes out to 3V. Which sounds about right.

then connect it up and reverse one pair if it doesn't run

ok. will try when I figure out to run one of these with an arduino. But can someone tell why this would work ? Any link I can read ?

aakthoo:
A stepper motor has 10.3 resistance across both pairs . No voltage written.

Steppers don't have a voltage. They have a rated current, resistance and inductance.
The voltage you'd get by multiplying the resistance by the current is usually meaningless as
the inductance dominates the performance.