Go Down

Topic: Problem with custom libraries (Read 217 times) previous topic - next topic

Madac

Hi! I'm new on this forum :(

I have 2 problems, the first one is in the installation dialog on the terminal (I'm using ubuntu 19.04). I will paste the full log here:
Code: [Select]

Adding desktop shortcut, menu item and file associations for Arduino IDE...
rm: cannot remove '/usr/local/bin/arduino': Permission denied
Removing symlink failed. Hope that's OK. If not then rerun as root with sudo.

mv: replace '/home/madac/.config/mimeapps.list', overriding mode 0644 (rw-r--r--)?

I'm kinda new on this, but I tried running it with sudo, and making sudo chmod +x install.sh on the folder where I downloaded the installation files.

The Arduino IDE was installed by the way, but here comes my second issue (I guess that this second trouble is kinda connected with the first one)

and recently I had a problem with some libraries from my school (we teach robotics and programming with Arduino for kids, and we use libraries to simplify the coding for them).

after adding all my custom libraries to my script and write the code, I press verify and this error message appears.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

/home/madac/Arduino/libraries/KnightRoboticsLibs_Iroh/KnightRoboticsLibs_Iroh.cpp:12:28: fatal error: ../Servo/Servo.h: No such file or directory
 #include "../Servo/Servo.h"

^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Thanks in advance :(

Madac

I solved it, I had to modify a little bit the main library from "../Servo/Servo.h" to "Servo.h"

pert

I have 2 problems, the first one is in the installation dialog on the terminal (I'm using ubuntu 19.04). I will paste the full log here:

Adding desktop shortcut, menu item and file associations for Arduino IDE...

This is normal and expected on a fresh installation. You can ignore these warnings. The script was recently improved so these won't be shown to people doing fresh installations of the future versions of the Arduino IDE:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/8781

I solved it, I had to modify a little bit the main library from "../Servo/Servo.h" to "Servo.h"
Nice work! Thanks for taking the time to post an update.

Go Up