Go Down

Topic: My electric blanket doesn't work ... (Read 9481 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

Onions

Mind you, I've been to the UK. The buildings are built for warmth, not for getting rid of it.

It's because we love complaining. We spend all winter complaining about the lack of sun, most of summer complaining about the rain and on the three sunny days we get every year we complain that it's too hot.

I wonder what we would do if we got the same good weather all year round? Complain about the lack of variation?  XD

I hate really hot days (over 25 degrees C) in the summer. When it gets to that temperature, all I can think of is sources of cold. When the rest of the summer is cloudy, windy or rainy, everyone seems to be dreaming of the heat. There is no happy medium.
I really enjoy the winter though. Snow makes everything look better, it is more fun as you can go sledging and have snowball fights, the skies are usually clear and sunny, and it ocasionally forces the school to close, so I get the day off!  :D  If I lived in Australia with hot temperatures all year round, I would probably prefer the hot days. But I live in England, where high temperatures are rare, so I get excited when the temperature falls below 0 degrees C, and the first frosts come.  :D

Onions.
My website: http://www.harryrabbit.co.uk/electronics/home.html Up and running now! (Feel free to look round!) :D

graynomad

Brrrr, I had to go get a jumper just to read your post. :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

nickgammon

If I lived in Australia with hot temperatures all year round, I would probably prefer the hot days.

It's certainly not hot all year round as my Australian colleagues will confirm. And a lot depends where you live. In Tasmania (far to the South) very hot days are rare. Melbourne and the other southern states tend to have quite cold winters. But if you like the heat then Queensland, Northern Territory, and the northern parts of other states are the place to be.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

graynomad

Yes, in Aus you can pick your climate of choice.

Tassie, mostly cool/cold, green babbling brooks, much like England.
Lower states, pretty cold in winter to very hot (40+) in summer.
High country, more snow than Switzerland in winter, mild to cold in summer (still snow in summer on occasion).
The outback, varies between really cold and boiling hot -10 nights to 45+ (even 50+ in places) days.
Upper states (tropics) same temp all year round (approx 30-35 days) but humidity changes from dry to very humid.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

JohnBailey

Sure fire (not a pun) solution that will be unlikely to electrocute you..

A UPS for your leccy blanket.  :D Hardly overkill at all. But it would solve the resetting timer problem.

mowcius

My electric blanket doesn't work ...

My hovercraft is full of eels ...

Every time I see this thread it makes me want to say that :D

nickgammon

May 24, 2011, 11:19 am Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:25 am by Nick Gammon Reason: 1
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up