Go Down

Topic: Identify the resistor type (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic


Can anyone tell me a little about these resistors such as type and characteristics.

Regards, Chris.


May 10, 2019, 07:12 pm Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:22 pm by MrMark
OP's photo:

I believe those (R1-R8) are Metal-Oxide Varistors (MOV) intended to suppress large voltage transients coming in on the serial interface lines.



Given the big chip is a quad UART with FIFO, this is likely a modem board and they are almost certainly MOVs to protect from lightning and other voltage spikes as MrMark suggests.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]


Which indicates this is not your average consumer-grade interface card by any stretch of the imagination.


You would be correct this is from a particle size analyser interface controller used in the labs I wanted to bin the electronics inside because the enclosures are stainless steel.

Go Up