Go Down

Topic: Google Chromebook and Arduino IDE support (Read 40611 times) previous topic - next topic

DiyDan

Lol... I was Glad I found the ChromeDuino,, my son got the samsung chrome from santa.. So I was Glad to see he could use it for our arduino projects...  kinda odd I just joined this forum and see this post..lol .. Thank you Much for who ever created it... a 9yr old and me is Very Much appreciated !!!

Maria-T

Jan 19, 2015, 07:30 am Last Edit: Jan 22, 2015, 03:40 am by Maria-T
I now have a Chrome OS funda galaxy A7 application that runs a local IDE, sends the sketch off funda galaxy note 4 for compiling on a remote server

DanSpyer

DanSpyer

Okay, sorry for the delay. I added those libraries you asked for. You should be able to include.

If you have any issues, let me know. You can also contact me direct: spaceneedle at gmail dot com.

I hope to keep supporting this software into the future. I am a chrome OS user myself and I am getting very close to releasing the next update I am sure everyone is wanting: multi tab support and library support.

Hi is there any update on the next release of this software?

DanSpyer

has this project just been left alone?

bri_huang

codebender.cc just released their chromebook plug-in!!! If you're using a chromebook, make sure you update your version of Chromium -- it has to be at least version 42 to work. But, it's a very, very slick implementation.

captainju

codebender.cc just released their chromebook plug-in!!! If you're using a chromebook, make sure you update your version of Chromium -- it has to be at least version 42 to work. But, it's a very, very slick implementation.

codebender.cc just *UNreleased* their chromebook plug-in!!! If you're using a chromebook, you're screwed up...  :smiley-confuse:

interestedtom

Chromebooks run linux, in developer mode you even have access to bash. They will easily run any version of gcc compiled for them. Absolutely no need to port gcc to java script (why would you ever waste your time porting the biggest compiler collection to java script of all languages), there is already a google fork of gcc for both chromium and chromium os as well as for NaCl (Native Client) and PNaCl (Portable Native Client). avrdude should also work. The work required is not in making an entirely seperate IDE and programmer but in getting the underlying java libraries to work on Chrome/Chromium OS's Aura window system.

Why this programmer thinks you need to upload your sketches to his server to compile them I have no idea!

BikerMark

For anyone searching this topic as from 2019:

Arduino has an online editor which works great to create, compile and upload code with my ChromeBook to my Uno and Nano. For the Nano I need to select 'Old Bootloader' to make it a go.
It just needs a plug-in for Chrome, so basicly this will be platform-independent. See: https://create.arduino.cc/editor/

Go Up