Go Down

Topic: making a offline radio (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic

tarbear123

how do you connect a SMA Female PCB Panel Edge Mount Plug with 4 Pins Stand Straight Connector to a Arduino?

wolframore

Could you explain why you would want to attach an antenna connector to an Arduino?
Bad boys rate our young girls but Violet goes willingly :)
- this is a mnemonic from BEC

tarbear123

i don't good internet at home, so i want to make a Radio that does not require internet

wolframore

Put the antenna on your radio
Bad boys rate our young girls but Violet goes willingly :)
- this is a mnemonic from BEC

tarbear123

i want to make a Radio that uses a arduino pro mini and be a offline radio using the SMA Female PCB Panel Edge Mount Plug with 4 Pins Stand Straight Connector like this one:

https://youtu.be/RqyhvlMKt14?t=6m9s

but with modifications

making of the case

https://youtu.be/UtYbd89kVgY

jremington

May 20, 2019, 05:20 am Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:22 am by jremington
Do you have all the other parts connected?

A straight piece of wire works fine as a receiving antenna, about 74 cm for the FM band.
No PM's please.

tarbear123

no i don't have all the other parts connected because i want to know if it will work or not, i don't want a piece of wire as it can break easily and i was thinking of putting this to act as an antenna

https://www.amazon.ca/ANT500-Telescopic-Antenna-HackRF-Stick/dp/B01CQYZJV2/ref=asc_df_B01CQYZJV2/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583863980119270&psc=1

jremington

It won't work without ALL the other parts, antenna or no antenna.
No PM's please.

Southpark

May 20, 2019, 06:53 am Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:54 am by Southpark
how do you connect a SMA Female PCB Panel Edge Mount Plug with 4 Pins Stand Straight Connector to a Arduino?
SMA connectors are usually associated with connecting cables operating at relatively high frequency - like HF and microwave frequency. It will work nicely at lower frequencies. But ----- a nice question is --- why do you want to connect such a component to an arduino?

ReverseEMF

May 20, 2019, 08:16 am Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:23 am by ReverseEMF
SMA connectors are usually associated with connecting cables operating at relatively high frequency - like RF and microwave frequency.
Just so the OP doesn't get the wrong idea -- "RF", an abbreviation of "Radio Frequency", is a term that refers to ALL frequencies of electromagnetic energy below Infrared -- a frequency, such as 100kHz, is RF, but I wouldn't call that a "relatively high frequency".  So, it's misleading to associate "relatively high frequency" with "RF".  RF can also refer to relatively low frequencies.
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T Private Message to me, what should be part of the Public Conversation -- especially if it's to correct a mistake, or contradict a statement!  Let it ALL hang out!!

wvmarle

Obviously an XY problem.

A solution is given (connect an antenna) but there is no information whatsoever on the problem, or how this solution is even a remotely possible solution to the perceived problem.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up