Go Down

Topic: Arducam Mini on Android phone? (Read 117 times) previous topic - next topic

Ard_Brandon

Howdy everyone!

I had an idea for a new project but have come to a big problem.

I'm currently working on using my Android phone's gyroscope sensor to control a servo motor that my Arduino is attached to. So, when I turn my phone to the left, the Arduino also turns to the left, etc.
What I want to do next is connect an Arducam Mini to the Arduino and use it as a new point of view on my phone. Basically, when I move the phone around, I want to be able to see what the Arduino's camera is pointing at, much like if I had the camera opened on my phone.

I know that I need some sort of wifi or bluetooth connection in order to send still images to the phone, but what I don't know is if it would be powerful enough to send the "live feed" of the camera. I have no experience using the Arducam Mini or any other Arduino camera module.

I've researched this and all I could find was people saying to use a IP camera and connect my phone to the IP address the camera is broadcasting to and display the video from there. The problem with this is most IP cameras I found are too bulky and/or too expensive for this project. (not to mention worrying about securing the IP address). I also wanted to be able to use this device without any sort of internet connection.

If anyone has any information on this, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

MaxGreat

Hello Ard_Brandon!
I am also interested in this topic. I am also looking for a camera (for example OV7670), which could be easily connected to the Arduino and transmit the image to the monitor (mobile phone) at a speed of 1-2 frames per second over the debug port or bluetooth. I found one project that demonstrates the transfer (over bluetooth,  in both directions) of an image between a mobile phone and a self-made device (Arduino UNO + TFT shield + camera OV7670 + bluetooth module HC-06).
Here is the link: https://www.instructables.com/id/Unique-Arduino-TFT-Shield-Arduino-Bluetooth-Camera/
Best wishes!

Go Up