Go Down

Topic: Wifi1010 wont load Blink for testing. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Quinceya23

May 22, 2019, 07:14 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:22 pm by Quinceya23
Hi all. I recently received my Arduino Wifi 1010 and having added to the board library the SMAD files (1.6.21) i'm trying to check that it works correctly by following the setup instructions. The board shows up and connects to the PC (Win 10 64bit) and the green power light is on, on the board. But the Blink program wont verify or upload. It returns the following issue.

Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from C:\Users\******\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd21/include/samd21.h:69:0,

from C:\Users\******\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd.h:105,

from C:\Users\******\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam.h:470,

from C:\Users\******\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.21\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:48,

from sketch\Blink.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\********\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd21/include/samd21g18a.h:237:26: fatal error: core_cm0plus.h: No such file or directory

#include <core_cm0plus.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino MKR WiFi 1010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get that it's missing a file or DIR.
Can anyone help me to figure out why its doing this.

Thanks.

pert

Something may have gone wrong during the installation of Arduino SAMD Boards. My recommendation is to start fresh:
  • Delete all files and folders under C:\Users\********\Documents\ArduinoData, except for preferences.txt. This folder only contains the files installed via Boards Manager so you can always replace the contents by installing any boards packages over again after deleting them. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!
  • Restart the Arduino IDE if it's running.
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for the download to finish.
  • From the list of available packages, click on "Arduino SAMD Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex M0+) by Arduino".
  • Click the "Install" button.
  • Wait for the installation to finish.
  • Click the "Close" button.
  • Tools > Board > Arduino MKR WiFi 1010.

Now try compiling the Blink sketch again. Hopefully the problem will be solved. After that, if you had installed any other packages via Boards Manager previously you can re-install those as well.

Quinceya23

Finally got some time to reinstall the SAMD files. Seems that the bad install was the issue. all seems ok with the Blink program. Thanks for the help.  :)

pert

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per

Go Up