Go Down

Topic: Sending TTLs from Arduino to software via BNC cable (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

srijani

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project which requires me to control four objects using an Arduino Mega 2560: a light, a speaker, a valve and a lickometer. The lickometer made of a photo transistor and an infrared emitter. It receives analog data which is then sent to the Arduino analog pin A1 (for more details on the lickometer, please see: https://sanworks.io/shop/viewproduct?productID=1020). In addition, the Arduino is used to switch on the other elements, namely the light, speaker and valve, at specific time-points, via pins 8, A0 and 9 respectively.

Until now, I have been sending the data from the lickometer, as well as information on whether the light, speaker and valve are on/off to the serial port. However, I now have to send all of this data to a different software (named Neuralynx Cheetah). I am using this Neuralynx software to measure continuous electrical data from brain cells. My project requires me to temporally sync the brain cell data with the lickometer, as well as the light/speaker/valve data. The Neuralynx software comes with hardware that can take TTL I/O, via a BNC cable. The hardware has male lead wires that can be connected to one end of the BNC cable (which is two female lead wires), and the other BNC end is to be connected to whichever device the TTL input is to come from. (I have attached an image of the cable I have described here, as well as the male wires on the Neuralynx hardware component).

My question is: what is the best way to sync all of my Arduino data to the Neuralynx software, via this BNC cable?

I have attached the Arduino program I've been using for another software, for your reference. Please let me know if I should clarify any details. I am fairly new to Arduino and have very little background in electronics, so I would greatly appreciate your help!

Paul_KD7HB

The whole pint of your post seems to be relating to a sync or clock signal, yet you did not describe the signal in any way.

Paul

MarkT

This is a datalogger?   Then each signal can go to a channel of the logger?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up