Go Down

Topic: ELMduino - Library for Car Hacking (Read 8291 times) previous topic - next topic

Power_Broker

Can i use usb ttl to convert data for uart communication?
No, if it's USB, you can only use a host controller to communicate with it. You can either spend $5-$15 to get a different OBDII scanner or use a host controller shield. I'd just get a bluetooth OBDII scanner (or a UART one if you can find one)
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

raymurai

I'd just get a bluetooth OBDII scanner (or a UART one if you can find one)
Okay, thanks for your time and information. Let me try this one.
Regards.

solai_4

https://urun.n11.com/tespit-ve-test-cihazlari/elm327-v15-kablolu-arac-ariza-tespit-cihazi-turkce-pic18f25k80-P394066613?gclsrc=aw.ds&&cid=601002&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8rT8BRCbARIsALWiOvSUlKS6Fw1F4C83ae7azSHMr1uCoLy_SA6Xjib53ugUnd4yjW4HLyYaAou0EALw_wcB

Sorry for foreigner link. Couldnt find any same device on globalmarkets. I want to use data+/- pin behind of it.

Can i use usb ttl to convert data for uart communication?

i have the same adapter, remove the ch340t chip board. you will find 5 pins First pin is -ve ,2nd is tx, 3rd rx, 5th +ve.
connect all 4 to the Arduino 

ponta_

Thanks in advance to Power_Broker for providing this lib. I'm new to Arduino World, and I find this project interesting.
I'm planning to use a USB to OBD 2 ELM 327 interface, so no Bluetooth needed. Yet, I know I should use a USB host shield.
 Do I need to define different settings for SoftwareSerial at the beggining of the sketch? Any help will be appreciate.

Power_Broker

I don't think you need to use SoftwareSerial.h specifically, but instead use the library required to interface with the USB host. I have a severe and unrelenting hate for USB host shields (even after trying to use one of my own), so I'm not very helpful on how to use those specifically. However, I'm pretty sure there's some way to connect this library with the USB host shield library.

Maybe someone else here could provide more insight
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

karim622

Greetings, thanks so much for sharing this great work
Could you please help me with this
I am using the ELM327 china, with HC BT and UNO
Already paired the HC with the ELM and confirmed @38400
When using the software serial test example, I connect ok but I get ERROR ELM TIMEOUT :(
I tried to change the baud rate but I don't get a connection at all then
I've been trying to connect to my ELM for a long time sadly, I'm working on a cruise control code that will require the input of the engine load, rpm, and speed.
And it's all on hold because I still didn't manage to log to that ELM :)
Also, an example of how to use other pids, like engine load will be really nice.
Thank you 

Go Up