Go Down

Topic: CNC Machine With Arduino UNO & CNC Shield V3 - Elettromagnetics Interferences (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

pietromaker

Hello
CiaoTHIS IS THE CNC TUTORIAL PLAYLIST.
I built this cnc arduino machine and it works very well, I had to solve a problem due to the electromagnetic interferences generated by the milling machine that sent the whole system freezing by blocking the PC operating system.
Has anyone had any experiences?
I have [SOLVED] the thing separating the feeding of the milling machine from that of the electronic components etc ... I have also applied some ferrite rings on the feeding cable of the milling cutter.
*il folle somiglia a se stesso*

ballscrewbob

There are a few ways to deal with the issue.

My own cure was to use a power bar that already had some filtering in it along with a surge protector.

Another one is to plug the router into a seperate outlet circuit that the CNC does not use. (your solution)

You could always make your own filter too as there are many designs for that on the internet that will eliminate the spikes that tend to be the main cause of the issue.

Good filtering on the power supply for the CNC side is also very useful and uses similar principles to the mains filters.

Let google be your friend

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

raymw

You need to earth everything, as for hifi, e.g. take all earth wires/ground wires back to a solid, common star point. Used screened cable, but ensure that the screening/shield is only grounded at one end of the cable. If you're using limit switches, operating at ttl levels, disconnect them, see if things improve.

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up