Go Down

Topic: new ide even worst ???? are you kidding ? (Read 293 times) previous topic - next topic

phil123456

May 27, 2019, 09:31 pm Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:36 pm by phil123456
hi,

some while ago, the last version of the ide I downloaded was 1.8.7 and it was utter garbage
never had so many issues

now I try to compile an old project, it does not even find "SoftwareSeriall.h"

I checked the libraries manager, it's not there, dont even know if it's supposed to be, I just had to do and include before

now I try to download the latest version, I end up on microsoft web site, I have to sign in and even confirm my email...

what the f@#k does arduino have to do with microsoft ????????? at alll ????

and guess what, it just does not work, I am redirected to the mobile version instead of PC
I click on the PC version link, I end up on some random page that lead to nowhere but general windows 10 applications

I use windows f:@#king 7 anyway..... what sort of crack head high on meth made it such an experience to download the new IDE version ???

what is wrong with arduino CEO's if any ???

[oh yeah and if I type question marks, I get emoticons, that just sums it all for f@:# sake]

spycatcher2k

"SoftwareSeriall.h"?

Probably because it's called <SoftwareSerial.h>
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

AWOL

Do you have any details, or did you just want an incoherent rant?

(No, not you spycatcher ;) )
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

pert

I checked the libraries manager, it's not there, dont even know if it's supposed to be
It's not supposed to be. The SoftwareSerial library is architecture specific so it's bundled with the hardware package, which makes it only accessible when a board of that hardware package is selected from the Tools > Board menu. Some hardware packages don't have a SoftwareSerial library. An example is Arduino SAMD Boards.

If you could install it via Library Manager, it would cause problems from people trying to use the library with boards it's not compatible with.

now I try to download the latest version, I end up on microsoft web site, I have to sign in and even confirm my email...

what the f@#k does arduino have to do with microsoft ????????? at alll ????
There are three versions of the Arduino IDE for Windows:
  • Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up
  • Windows ZIP file for non admin install
  • Windows app Requires Win 8.1 or 10

Of course if you choose the "Windows app" you're going to end up in the Windows app store on Microsoft's web site. That's how Windows apps work. If you choose one of the other versions then that won't happen.

I use windows f:@#king 7 anyway..... what sort of crack head high on meth made it such an experience to download the new IDE version ???
What sort of crack head high on meth misses the "Requires Win 8.1 or 10" above the Windows App link?

Ah, I'm just messing with you. To be fair, you're not the first to be lured by that pretty "Get" button on the download page:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/6432

Go Up