Go Down

Topic: Web editor not seeing Nano on OSX/Chrome (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

matthewm1970

I am trying to program a genuine Arduino Nano (AT328 chip) using the web editor.  I have used my current setup successfully with an os-yoo UNO clone. I'm using
  • OS X High Sierra v 10.13.6
  • Chrome v 74.0.3729.169
  • iMac 21.5 inch Late 2013 model
  • Create Agent 1.1.88-83043b2

So far, I've connected the Nano with a couple different USB cables, in case one was wonky, with the same results on both.  The board lights up, a regular blink happens, but nothing is listed in the web editor device menu.  I've reloaded the editor after each connection attempt.  I continue to get an empty list in the debug console with the Nano plugged in.

When I plug in the Uno, I immediately see Arduino/Genuino Uno at /dev/cu.usbmodem1421 in the editor device menu (ie: no reload necessary).   /dev/cu.usbmodem1421 also appears in the List in the debug console. 

Finally, I tried installing the native app.  I can select the Nano (328) from the Tools menu, but the Port submenu shows only /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port. That makes me think either I'm missing an appropriate driver or the Nano is so new my port isn't getting recognized (but that seems unlikely).

I'm reasonably savvy and comfortable with command-line work, etc., but this is well beyond my level of expertise.  I've found a few posts about fixing situations similar to this, but they are either on Windows or for a different combination of elements.  The closest one I found involved turning off critical elements of the Mac OS (SIP), which I'd prefer not to do.

Could anyone help with troubleshooting?

Thank you.

Go Up