Go Down

Topic: communication with Pure Data and a relay (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Mimit7

Hi! I'm new in Arduino's world and I have a lot of problems that I'd like you to help me.

The thing is, I'm working with 4 ultrasonic sensors and a relay. I need to send the numbers of the sensors to pure data to make some audio process. Now about the relay, I need it to be activated when the 4 sensors are giving numbers under 10, but just for 800milliseconds because I'm using 220v and the components may break.

I have tried with so many codes, but as I don't understand the logic of Arduino, I can't change anything without making the code fall.

A code that was almost useful is one that I got from this forum, I'll put it in this question if you want some guide to know what I'm looking for.

#include <Boards.h>
#include <Firmata.h>
#include <FirmataConstants.h>
#include <FirmataDefines.h>
#include <FirmataMarshaller.h>
#include <FirmataParser.h>
#include <NewPing.h>       // https://bitbucket.org/teckel12/arduino-new-ping/downloads
#define SONAR_NUM       2   // Number or sensors.
#define PING_INTERVAL  33   // Milliseconds between sensor pings (29ms is about the min to avoid cross-sensor echo).
#define TRIGGER_PIN1    1   // Arduino pin tied to trigger pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define TRIGGER_PIN2    3   // Arduino pin tied to trigger pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define ECHO_PIN1       2   // Arduino pin tied to echo pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define ECHO_PIN2       4   // Arduino pin tied to echo pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define MAX_DISTANCE  300   // Maximum distance we want to ping for (in centimeters). Maximum sensor distance is rated at 400-500cm.
#define RELE            9   // Salida para el relevador

unsigned long pingTimer[SONAR_NUM]; // Holds the times when the next ping should happen for each sensor.
unsigned long tstart;
unsigned int cm[SONAR_NUM];         // Where the ping distances are stored.
unsigned int Menor;
uint8_t currentSensor = 0;          // Keeps track of which sensor is active.
bool Verifico5S = false;
bool activoRele = false;

NewPing sonar[SONAR_NUM] = {     // Sensor object array.
  NewPing(TRIGGER_PIN1, ECHO_PIN1, MAX_DISTANCE), // Each sensor's trigger pin, echo pin, and max distance to ping.
  NewPing(TRIGGER_PIN2, ECHO_PIN2, MAX_DISTANCE),
};

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600); // Open serial monitor at 115200 baud to see ping results.
  pingTimer[0] = millis() + 75;           // First ping starts at 75ms, gives time for the Arduino to chill before starting.
  for (uint8_t i = 1; i < SONAR_NUM; i++) // Set the starting time for each sensor.
    pingTimer = pingTimer[i - 1] + PING_INTERVAL;
}

/* 1. Cuando estén midiendo la distancia y la distancia medida en alguno de los 2 sensores sea menor a 10 cm
   durante un tiempo de 5 segundos, poner en alto la señal del relevador y
   2. Si la distancia en alguno de los 2 es mayor a 10 poner en bajo la señal,
*/

void loop() {
  for (uint8_t i = 0; i < SONAR_NUM; i++) {       // Loop through all the sensors.
    if (millis() >= pingTimer) {               // Is it this sensor's time to ping?
      pingTimer += PING_INTERVAL * SONAR_NUM;      // Set next time this sensor will be pinged.
      if (i == 0 && currentSensor == SONAR_NUM - 1)
         oneSensorCycle();                // Sensor ping cycle complete, do something with the results.
      sonar[currentSensor].timer_stop();              // Make sure previous timer is canceled before starting a new ping (insurance).
      currentSensor = i;                              // Sensor being accessed.
      cm[currentSensor] = 0;                          // Make distance zero in case there's no ping echo for this sensor.
      sonar[currentSensor].ping_timer(echoCheck);     // Do the ping (processing continues, interrupt will call echoCheck to look for echo).
    }
  }
  if (Menor < 10 && !Verifico5S) {                    // debo iniciar timer por 5 seg
     Verifico5S = true;
     tstart = millis()+ 5000UL;
  }
  if (Menor > 10) {
     activoRele = false;
     Verifico5S = false;
  }

if (Verifico5S)                   // si estamos a menos de 10 cm verificar 5 segundos
     if (millis() >= tstart) {              // pasaron 5 seg?
      activoRele = true;
     } 

if (activoRele)
      digitalWrite(RELE, HIGH);
  else
      digitalWrite(RELE, LOW);
}

void echoCheck() { // If ping received, set the sensor distance to array.
  if (sonar[currentSensor].check_timer())
    cm[currentSensor] = sonar[currentSensor].ping_result / US_ROUNDTRIP_CM;
}

void oneSensorCycle() { // Sensor ping cycle complete, do something with the results.
  for (uint8_t i = 0; i < SONAR_NUM; i++) {
      if (i == 0)
       Menor = cm[0];     // fijo a Menor con el primer dato;

if (cm < Menor)
         Menor = cm;   // Me quedo con el menor;
    Serial.print(i);
    Serial.print("=");
    Serial.print(cm);
    Serial.print("cm ");
  }
  Serial.println();
}

PaulS

Why are you #including all the Firmata libraries?

Why did you fail to read the stickies, and post your code PROPERLY? Your code isn't in italics, is it?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up