Go Down

Topic: WS2812B and WS2811 is the same ? Please help. (Read 720 times) previous topic - next topic

vmazsit

Jun 21, 2019, 10:18 pm Last Edit: Jun 21, 2019, 10:19 pm by vmazsit
So I bought once a WS2812B LED stirp and I made a lamp out of it. My friend saw that lamp and he wanted me to do one for him but I ran out of WS2812B LEDs so i bought some WS2811 because I thought the two LEDs are the same but when I connected the LEDs to my arduino it was't the same. I mean the colors. So now I need some help from you guys because I'm helpless. I tried to change the color arrays but still the colors aren't the same

I hope you can help me out.
:)

Grumpy_Mike

but when I connected the LEDs to my arduino it was't the same. I mean the colors.
Some LED have a different colour assignment order. This order is defined in the line of the code that sets up the driver library. You need to change that.

vmazsit

Code: [Select]
#define COLOR_ORDER RBG

Like here ?
BTW I'm using FastLED

PaulRB

Jun 22, 2019, 10:57 am Last Edit: Jun 22, 2019, 10:58 am by PaulRB
Yes, that's it. Try "RGB" or "BRG"

vmazsit

Thanks guys it's working now I really appreciate it  :)  :)  :)  :)

manveen_singh

I tried to change the color arrays but still the colors aren't the same.
you need to learn how to ask questions on this forum .
you need to explain what exactly is your problem .

here instead of saying this . you could have said that on giving command for turning on red colour , blue colour is glowing.
this helps more in understanding the problem than this line.

I tried to change the color arrays but still the colors aren't the same.
all you have given is vague information.

for others who are reading this post . this is an example of how not to ask questions on the forums,

PaulRB

for others who are reading this post . this is an example of how not to ask questions on the forums,
Others reading this particular thread will receive the exactly opposite message. Here, the OP asks a question badly, but gets the answer they needed very quickly.

I absolutely agree with you that this is a bad example of a question. But it is not a good example of the result of asking a question badly. Your post would have been more useful if you had replied to a thread where the OP had not received the answer they needed so quickly and easily.

Go Up