Go Down

Topic: Fuzzy noise between tones using an ESP32 with internal DAC (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

KawasakiZx10r

Jun 04, 2019, 03:54 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2019, 03:55 pm by KawasakiZx10r
Hello i am trying to run a 3v speaker or a 1v to 3v mechanical buzzer with my ESP32 and a wav file. I followed an online tutorial which uses a ESP32 and the internal DAC, though he also uses a PAM8403 between his ESP32 and the speaker where as i do not have a PAM8403 so i connected the output directly to my speaker or buzzer for testing, to which it was quit quite but also has a noticeable fuzzy noise which occurs between notes "noise". The buzzer is high quality and sounds just as good as the speaker, i am only playing retro sounds from Super BomberMan for the SNES, as i have made bomberMan for the ESP along with a ST7735, to that extent yes i have tied remove all but the speaker and checking for noise, it remains. To increase the volume i used a NPN transistor which works great but there noise remains of course, no worse or better.

So my question is what should i implement to reduce or remove the noise? can i just use a single component or two like resistors - diodes - caps as i live next to a large electrical whole sellers which would stock such else a PAM8403 would take days to arrive.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

MarkT

How are you powering each component of your circuit?  I strongly suspect you have digital hash on the supply for the audio parts - you want clean power for those.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up