Go Down

Topic: mm/rev not accurate to measured pitch (Read 456 times) previous topic - next topic

Paul_KD7HB

Jun 05, 2019, 09:17 pm Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019, 09:18 pm by Paul_KD7HB
OK - definitely 4, so I suppose I was right setting it to 100 before.

The leadscrew is an 8mm diameter, so I'm assuming everything else is in metric as well.

Anyway, I seem to have finally figured it out by dividing the given step per mm by the 4 start threads - thank you everyone for putting up with me, but now I am sure I can measure any leadscrew in the future too so I can annoy you less
Not annoyed at all! Glad you found an answer. I have never sees a multi-threaded lead screw.

Paul

PS: invest ion some thread gauges!

jremington

Jun 05, 2019, 09:36 pm Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019, 09:41 pm by jremington
I have never sees a multi-threaded lead screw.
I've seen them used on machinery where fast travel time of the nut along the lead screw is needed, at reduced positional accuracy.

@OP: I suggest that you post a comment or review on the Amazon web page (if that is where you bought it), informing other potential buyers about the missing "4 start" information.

jtbennett

I've seen them used on machinery where fast travel time of the nut along the lead screw is needed, at reduced positional accuracy.

@OP: I suggest that you post a comment or review on the Amazon web page (if that is where you bought it), informing other potential buyers about the missing "4 start" information.
OK, I wrote a review with the leadthread details for proper calculation. I think most people were concerned about the ball bearing holding devices (dunno the name) being made of cheap aluminum and the design allowing the bearings to slant forward, and also the leadscrew being bent and also everything else.

jremington

Sounds like a lead screw assembly to avoid.

jtbennett

Sounds like a lead screw assembly to avoid.
Honestly, it's working out just fine for what I wanted - it's nice having everything I needed in one order. I'm sure I'll be having to change parts once I start trying to assemble the pieces into a single device..

Go Up