ESP32 Onboard Memory?

Hi, I'm new to data storage forgive me if this is a dumb question..

I have an ESP WROOM 32D here (on a Wemos D1 R32 board) and it claims to have 4mb of flash storage.

I've been searching for a while trying to find out how to read and write to these larger storage partitions from the Arduino IDE (EEPROM emulation doesn't really have much space).

The closest thing I found to a hint in the right direction was this thread here. The guy didn't explain his method much more than saying he used "ESP.flashWrite and ESP.flashRead".

Does anyone know a clear method of working with the ESP32's flash partitions from the Arduino IDE?

It would be most appreciated (by myself and many others, from what I can see).

To clarify what I'm trying to do, I have 6 x 20-item arrays (int and long, as well as strings) that would create a single user settings save. I'd like the user to be able to have 50 or more save spaces available...

Is this possible? I know EEPROM won't be suitable, but I am hoping there's another way to do it on the ESP32.

SPI Flash File System - SPIFFS

You can write files like any standard file systems.

It would be perfect for what you are doing.

Thee_Captain:
SPI Flash File System - SPIFFS

You can write files like any standard file systems.

It would be perfect for what you are doing.

I beat you by a few hours by googling harder, but you are 100% correct. I can save and load my individual save files now by scanning through lines in individual text files.

Now to somehow get my nextion to populate a list that'll allow users to select their saved files..