Go Down

Topic: Steppermotor only junps forwards and backwards (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic

schwabenbraeu

Hello fellow CNC Friends,
i bought last year a T8 CNC  and used it for a while. Then I left in on the shell and wanted to use it again.
So i flashed the Arduino with new GRBL Version.
The catch is: X and Y only jump but Z-achsis works fine. Therefore i tried the steppermotor from Z on all the other components and it moves nomrally.
Now as I didn't change the cables and anything. How is it possible that the X and Y motor wont do their job after a year?

I tried
-new arduino
-new stepper controller board
-checking the cables

Hopefully you can help me.

StepperMotors Type: 17HA6403-08N

zwieblum

Your settings changed. Happend when flashing ...

schwabenbraeu

But how is it possible when i plug the motor from the z axis it moves but the same motor from X axis doenst?

wildbill

What happens if you put the X or Y steppers on the Z connections?

Can you use the stepper examples in the IDE to test the steppers individually?

Is there machine specific config that you set up originally that's been overwritten by the latest firmware?

schwabenbraeu

What happens if you put the X or Y steppers on the Z connections?
The same thing happens as would i have used the x or y ports. They rumble and nothing

Can you use the stepper examples in the IDE to test the steppers individually?
As i use the Universal Gcode Platform, i can test tem individually.

Is there machine specific config that you set up originally that's been overwritten by the latest firmware?
The only configs i usually would have to make would be the steps per turn on the axis. But i already did this config. As i said Z-Achsis is fine.

schwabenbraeu

Found it, the cables where bad, and they didnt send the signal correctly. How this happens idk.

Thank you all :)

Robin2

So i flashed the Arduino with new GRBL Version.
Next time check that it works BEFORE you update the software :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

schwabenbraeu

Next time check that it works BEFORE you update the software :)

...R
The only reason I flashed it was, that i could not establish a connection with it in the first place.

Go Up