Go Down

Topic: 555 Timer as a Square Osc? (Read 10365 times) previous topic - next topic

MikMo

As far as i remember the CV input on pin 5 can only control a small part of the freq. range of the oscillator.

LassiV

Hi all

I think to write here because quite near to my subject.

I want to control PWM fans with arduino. I try arduino own analogWrite, but because crappy (500hz) frecuenzy fans keep annoing sound.

Now think is that easiest to use 555 timer to keep up that frecuency about 20-25khz.

Just thinking how i get easiest way to do arduino + 555 chip PWM controller what give output 25khz frecuenzy and i can control pwm signal with arduino. What is easiest way do this with 555 timer.

Try to get all works with passive components, not need more chips after arduino and 555 timer.

PWM fans use that pwm signal only driving, fans get power with different wire. 555 only need give pwm signal not need current so much, thats why i think i can put 555 output pin directly on pwm fans (pwm signal pin).

All hint and tips are welcome.

larryd

Mar 30, 2017, 11:42 pm Last Edit: Mar 30, 2017, 11:43 pm by LarryD
Start a new thread, this one is 2013

"I want to control PWM fans with arduino. I try arduino own analogWrite, but because crappy (500hz) frecuenzy fans keep annoing sound."

You can use the Timer1 library to generate the PWM and frequency you need.

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

Go Up