Go Down

Topic: leonardo cannot berecognized after uploading (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic

brianhomer

Hi folks,

would like to share with you. I use my recent bought Leonardo, uploaded software on it, afterward, I found I can't upload anymore again. that's weird, due to the system still recognized by IDE,

My solution is using the older IDE 1.6.0 version, program the blink again, I found this works and it can be wake up the board again. The new IDE programming working good again. I nearly throw away all malfunction Leonardo. haha.

** time being, I am trying to use Leonardo as a Keyboard simulator, I thought this might be related to this issue from the beginning, but finally, I found this is not!

Any people who have the same please report, Maybe my case not unique. this can help the Arduino team follow up.

ballscrewbob

It is not really a fault in the IDE as such but the way the LEO works with such keyboard / mice emulator sketches.

Normally you would press RESET during the upload to force it into the mode you need to re-upload sketches.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

Restarting the 'normal' IDE might do the trick as well.

It has happened to me that the Leo does not want to upload; this was not related to HID functionality. In most cases the COM port had changed. Picking the correct COM port solved the issue; if that did not solve the issue, reset did.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up