Go Down

Topic: Hotkey IDE problem (Read 373 times) previous topic - next topic

kacpermejs

Jun 08, 2019, 01:31 pm Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 02:37 pm by kacpermejs
Hi guys,
I'm a new Arduino user and I have noticed a conflict in IDE. Despite the fact that there is a hotkey to check the code Ctrl+r there is also Right Alt+s which is letter "ś" in polish. Now I try to comment everything while learning and it's very annoying. I'm using Windows 10.

pert

I don't understand the problem. I guess you're saying that Right Alt+s isn't working as expected for you in the Arduino IDE, but you didn't explain what happens when you press Right Alt+s. I also don't understand how this is related to the Ctrl+r shortcut.

Please provide more information so I can understand.

kacpermejs

Jun 08, 2019, 11:56 pm Last Edit: Jun 09, 2019, 12:07 am by kacpermejs
Right Alt+s writes "ś" and compiles the sketch. Official shortcut for this is Ctrl+r. While I comment the line using polish letters for example simply "//the diode shines" in polish it's "//dioda świeci" it starts saving and checking the code.

pert

While I comment the line using polish letters for example simply "//the diode shines" in polish it's "//dioda świeci" it starts saving and checking the code.
Does the problem only happen when you comment, or does it happen any time you press Right Alt+s?

kacpermejs

Always  but I'm only alowed to use Polish signs in comments.

kacpermejs

In further investigation I discovered that this error exists since 1.6.5 version.

pert

For me, I need to press Alt+S and then Enter to cause this. Are you getting it from Alt+S alone?

Pressing the Alt key selects the menu bar. The next letter pressed selects the menu (e.g., f will select the File menu). After that, you can press Enter to select the first item in the menu, or use the up/down arrows to select other menu items (traditionally the menu items would each have a letter, but Arduino hasn't done that). This is a very standard UI convention that has been around for many years and is used in most applications. I'd expect you to have the same problem frequently, not only in the Arduino IDE.

kacpermejs

The case is that I don't have to press enter. But navigating menu using alt should work only for left Alt, not for the AltGr (right). I don't have any problems like that in other apps.

pert

OK, I didn't realize this was a separate AltGr key. I thought it was just the standard right Alt key.

It does sound like this is a problem with the Arduino IDE. Please open a bug report here:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/new
Make sure to provide enough information for people to understand and reproduce the problem.

kacpermejs

Jun 09, 2019, 11:52 pm Last Edit: Jun 09, 2019, 11:54 pm by kacpermejs

pert

Thank you for submitting the bug report. That will bring the problem to the attention of the Arduino IDE developers.

Thanks also for posting a link to it here, and even making the link clickable!

Go Up