Go Down

Topic: Can't attach one image, but the other worked? (Read 865 times) previous topic - next topic

cbfunky

Jun 08, 2019, 04:25 pm Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 05:06 pm by cbfunky
I tried to attach 2 images - both screenshots in PNG format - to one of my posts.

The first one attached without issue.
The second one gave me this error (see attachment)

They were both relatively small (<600KB) and taken with the same screengrab tool. I tried renaming the file, in case there was a weird special character or something, but it still won't let me upload. Since it's a screen grab I don't think it's related to the issue explained here.

Any ideas?

EDIT: After I changed the file type to jpg it worked (also it made the file much smaller, in case that mattered). Still strange though.

larryd

Jun 08, 2019, 05:39 pm Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 05:40 pm by larryd
For some reason this web site rejects any image I capture on my iPad.   :smiley-mad:

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

MAS3

@larryd:

Does your pad add location information to the EXIF data which can be part of JPEG and TIFF images ?
If you're not aware of mobile devices adding this data to your files, that would be a privacy issue.
Therefore the security issue is correct albeit a bit vague communication wise.

I have no idea whether your pad uses these image file formats, and if you can change that to for instance PNG format.

TS was using PNG in their attempts, so that can't be the problem.
But converting JPG to PNG, will strip the EXIF data from the image.
Converting it back to JPG in order to get a smaller filesize might help too, but of course not if some mobile device would add it's own location data to the result again.

Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

larryd

What you are saying makes huge sense.

Thank you.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Grumpy_Mike

Does your pad add location information to the EXIF data which can be part of JPEG and TIFF images ?
Yes it does, but that alone does not cause a a failure to upload. It has been pointed out that some of my images contain EXIF data. They have been taken on an iPad but transferred to a Mac Book and often resized before posting.

Go Up