Go Down

Topic: Rf Signal Detector (Read 2770 times) previous topic - next topic

jremington

or ..
Best idea yet. Follow it up.

srnet

Jun 11, 2019, 10:46 pm Last Edit: Jun 11, 2019, 10:47 pm by srnet
im working in a lab in which we should check 2000 sealed boxes every day
one part of those boxes is empty but sealed. some people put this recievers inside those boxes to open them before we check it and they put a new seal on that box. so they can open the box everytime they want.. we should avoid them to put recievers inside the boxes.
we got many many problems here and im loosing my job just because of this.......
Your describing what you only think you want to do, but also not why.

It makes no sense to me, and I suspect others on the forums, why you need to check 2000 sealed boxes every day that may be part empty but perhaps not or may or may not contain a radio receiver that may or may not be powered up and may have been 'hidden'.

http://www.50dollarsat.info/
http://www.loratracker.uk/

Paul_KD7HB

IF the receiver is operating and it is a superhetrodyne receiver, it will have an oscillator that ir operating at some frequency either above or below the intermediate frequency of the receiver. This can be detected with a sensitive receiver with the antenna placed against the box.

IF, the receiver is a superregenerative receiver, it will be oscillating on the exact frequency the receiver is set for. This can be detected as in the first example.

The OP needs to find a low noise, sensitive receiver and antenna to scan the boxes. No Arduino needed. The operating receiver in the box can be heard as the antenna is moved passed the box.

Probably need a short Yagi antenna built for the frequency in question.

Paul

motorhead88

Your describing what you only think you want to do, but also not why.

It makes no sense to me, and I suspect others on the forums, why you need to check 2000 sealed boxes every day that may be part empty but perhaps not or may or may not contain a radio receiver that may or may not be powered up and may have been 'hidden'.

mr detective Einstein! if you know this radio controlling relay you wouldnt think like this!
i dont want to open them.. just want to recognize them.. hacking these relays is ratherly impossible.. understand sir?
please dont send spams
if you know something that would be appreciated
if you dont, why are you here?

motorhead88

Some details :
1. Frequency:315Mhz
2. Modulation:ASK
4. Emission power:15db@12V
5. Voltage:4.2~12V
6. Electric current:3.5 mA
7. Size:10.5*10.5*2.6mm

motorhead88

some details about receiver :
Module receiving frequency:315MHz
Module receiving sensitivity: -106dBm
Module transfer rate: 2.5kbps (SWP), 10kbps (FIXED)
Module supply voltage: 3·3 to 5.5V
PCB size: 17.2 (mm) x11.8 (mm)
Complete monolithic UHF receiver

wvmarle

mr detective Einstein! if you know this radio controlling relay you wouldnt think like this!
I hope you realise the problem is that indeed we do not know this RC thing you're looking for, and that the whole story just doesn't make much sense.

You still don't seem to know what it is yourself - though 2 pages in the thread you finally come up with some bits and pieces about the thing you're looking for. You say you have to check 2,000 of them in your hands every day (without telling on how you're currently doing this) - open up a few of them, get one or two of those mystery receivers out (they're not supposed to be in those boxes but apparently are so why can't just harvest a few), and get to work: photos, type numbers of the RC thingy, manuals, don't you think that may be coming in very very useful?

Please remember we know nothing but what YOU tell us.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Paul_KD7HB

Some details :
1. Frequency:315Mhz
2. Modulation:ASK
4. Emission power:15db@12V
5. Voltage:4.2~12V
6. Electric current:3.5 mA
7. Size:10.5*10.5*2.6mm
With emission power given, you have a complete tranceiver, not just a receiver.

Paul

motorhead88

With emission power given, you have a complete tranceiver, not just a receiver.

Paul
No sir
its the details for tranceiver

Billhigdon

some details about receiver :
Module receiving frequency:315MHz
Module receiving sensitivity: -106dBm
Module transfer rate: 2.5kbps (SWP), 10kbps (FIXED)
Module supply voltage: 3·3 to 5.5V
PCB size: 17.2 (mm) x11.8 (mm)
Complete monolithic UHF receiver
I'd suggest using a something like this https://www.rtl-sdr.com/ with a Yagi tuned to the frequency of interst

Hiddenvision

If you can find the correct signal to transmit to the receiver then they should do whatever they are designed to do. Be that Beep, flash or reply with RF data. If it does not respond, then it must be missing of faulty.

Otherwise what Bill just said, use a spectrum analyser and look for the interference the receiver may produce from the standing electronics.

I would agree that you have only asked little parts of the needed question or only provided a sample of the required info.

What you are trying to do is very simple and there is always a way to do something but you have to take a logical approach and gather the required information.

A single Arduino is not going to give you a solution.

Go Up