Go Down

Topic: Bollox - just fried my Nextion - what to do? (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

ScrewLoose

I was in a presentation this morning to demonstrate some stuff I've been working on.

Like a complete effing pleb I went from demonstrating the 24Volt 'battery, buzzer and bulb' product to excitedly declaring 'And this is the new all singing and dancing MCU with touch screen product'.

The Mega survived as it was plugged in via the jack socket, the Nextion didn't as it was wired for power directly to the bench PSU.

It lit up for a brief moment and then went blank and stayed blank and is still blank - but I can see from the from the current draw on the PSU that it is still trying to do something.

I'm kicking myself about this - I'd even got some 5V power supplies on order to prevent this ever happening - I just got called in at very short notice to give a demo and really I looked like an incompetent dick feeding 24V down the 5V line into the Nextion.

Well that's the back story....

Now, could I get it fixed? There's a Polish lad down the road that has the kit to solder Surface Mount Technology.

What is it that has likely failed on the back of the Nextion?

RayLivingston

What is it that has likely failed on the back of the Nextion?
Pretty much everything?  If you plugged a 5V device into 24V, there will be little or nothing left intact, other than some resistors and capacitors.  The silicon will all be toast.  Even if you had the replacement chips, how would you recover the firmware?

Buy a new one.

Regards,
Ray L.

ScrewLoose

Yeah - perhaps you're right, I was hoping there might be a 'fuse' or 'voltage regulator' in there some where that could be replaced to get it going again.

However, like everything in life it's only a mistake if you do it twice.

PerryBebbington

Don't despair, we have all done similar things! Just make sure you learn from the experience.

ScrewLoose

Don't despair, we have all done similar things! Just make sure you learn from the experience.
Yeah it's only a mistake if you do it twice.

I'm still gutted.

PerryBebbington

It's only a mistake if you do it twice.
Wise words!
++Karma

Go Up